CCTV Security Camera ????

Old 10-07-03, 11:21 AM
Rod MI
Visiting Guest
CCTV Security Camera ????

Hi I just found this grate sight! I would like to now if this sight or another sight could answer my questions on CCTV Security Systems and the hard ware I would need? Is there a board for just home security systems? Thanks!

Old 10-07-03, 11:34 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try over at Electronic Alarms & Security Devices - we'll see what we can do.

http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=87

Old 10-07-03, 11:40 AM
Rod MI
Visiting Guest
THANKS!

Old 05-14-04, 12:24 PM
SecurityMan
Visiting Guest
>>>>NO ADS OR ADVERTISEMENTS ALLOWED

Last edited by SafeWatch; 05-15-04 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Absolutely No advertising allowed
Old 07-02-04, 02:49 PM
sammy j
Visiting Guest
Need A Question Answered

I Recently Put A Security Camera Up On The Side Of My House...........it Overlooks The Easement Of My Property And My Deck..............my Nieghbour Has Been Caught On This Video Puting Used Cooking Oil Under My Deck And Between My Fence Boards......a Tresspass I Know And Vandalism.........question> Can I Be Legally Told To Take The Camera Down.........it Is Looking At My Property And Does Catch The Side Of My Nieghbours House> No Windows...nothing Like That> But Can They Conclude That It Is An Invasion Of Privacy.........the Reason I Put The Camera Up Was I Knew The Nieghbour Was Up To Something..........can Anyone Tell Me
Thanks........sam

Old 07-04-04, 10:59 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 287 Upvotes on 264 Posts
That's a question that's going to vary a lot by locality. Check with your local law enforcement or a legal clinic.

In general, I'd say you are allowed to point a camera at your own property all you wish. If the side of the neighbors house happens to be in the field of view, it shouldn't be an issue. That would be like protesting that you are not allowed to cast your eyes on his property at all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: