Where to get information

Old 10-11-03, 09:26 PM
jlibovicz
Visiting Guest
Where to get information

I am interested in installing an alarm system in my home and I would like to do it myself. However, I know very little about alarm systems. In attempt to educate myself, I have been reading the threads in this forum and, while helpful, they deal with specific problems and are written by people who already know something about alarms. Are there any websites or books that can give me a quick primer on this material?

One basic question: if I install the system myself, how easy will it be to get a subscription to one of the security companies that service systems?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-03, 08:23 AM
alarmpartsguy
Visiting Guest
I know of no books on how to install systems, but I'm sure if you type the question in a seach engine you will find valuable info. As far as getting a company to monitor you, thats easy, any company would be more then willing to come out and program your system to be monitored through them.

Kenny

Old 10-12-03, 09:27 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Kenny, I don't really know of any "alarm manuals" or websites that deal with how to install a system, etc. Most sites have a forum or use e-mail to answer questions. This is actually something I've been working on lately (it's a slow-going process, unfortunately), since I feel it would be put to good use.

If you're looking for some tips on how to run wires, etc. take a look at <a href="http://www.lsdinc.com">LSDInc.com</a>. They sell time-saving devices as well as having some tips on their site for installers.

There are a few videos out on specific systems (ie: ITI has a Concord Express and Simon installation video, DSC has a set of videos also) if you want to take a look at them (contact me and I'll get some for you.)

Really the only other thing you can do is browse through the manuals (see link below) to get an idea of how to install and connect and program the various systems.

If you know which system you are interested in installing, let me know, and I'll try to get some info on it for you.

Good luck!