security camera

Old 10-17-03, 11:00 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
security camera

the homeowners association were i work needs to install cameras in the work out room. kids are getting in and screwing around and vandalizing. we need good enough equipment to be able to make out faces. we also dont have the labor to be changing tapes all the time. i think having it come on with movment would help. no need to record when noone is in it. what would you reccommend and how could i spec it for our bid process. as you can tell, i dont know squat about security equipment.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-03, 01:37 PM
alarmpartsguy
Visiting Guest
Quote:
the homeowners association were i work needs to install cameras in the work out room. kids are getting in and screwing around and vandalizing. we need good enough equipment to be able to make out faces. we also dont have the labor to be changing tapes all the time. i think having it come on with movment would help. no need to record when noone is in it. what would you reccommend and how could i spec it for our bid process. as you can tell, i dont know squat about security equipment.

To point you in the right direction, I would need some more info
How many cameras ? Color or B&W, What distances are you looking at?
Your best bet is a DVR ( Digital Video Recorder ) The have several capabilities to suit your needs you can have them only record when motion is detected , set feilds of veiw, built in multi-plexing, alarm output's ,burnable cd/31/2 floppies etc.
Ther are several mfg's out there that have quality products and the pricing has come way down, take into consideration the enviroment you are in, I would recomend vandle resistant cameras as well,
There are many things to consider when taking on a camera system, not to mention the leagalities involved with recording video ( signs must be posted etc.)
e-mail me what you have, and I'm sure I can further assist you in designing a sutible system and point you in a direction on finding the gear.

Kenny