ITI UltraGard has died - what to do?

Old 10-18-03, 11:50 AM
chevelle
Visiting Guest
ITI UltraGard has died - what to do?

I have just bought a house with a hardwired UltraGard system that worked until a storm came though. Now it just beeps with no light-up at the pannel. I called the alarm company that installed and serviced it and they told me it was fried. I would like to install something myself but use the existing hard wired sensors and ideally the glass break sensor and smoke detector (don't want to buy new unless I have to). Is there a GE system that will go right in place of my existing board without the need for a new keypad? If not, I guess I will need a replacement system like an Ademco 20P. Problem is, I don't know what sytems will be compatible with my smoke and glass sensors (thus far the alarm service companies that I have spoken with don't know either). I am looking for the cheapest way to have a functional alarm and I don't need all of the bells and whistles the UltraGard had. Thank you very much for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-03, 02:41 PM
alarmpartsguy
Visiting Guest
Most likely, you got hit by a surge or a lightning storm, most hits come in over the phone lines, but some come from a direct surge over the incoming power. Mostly all newer burg systems are compatible with all other existing devices running of 12 VDC from the output of the control panel, I am not to firmiliar with your particular panel, but I'm sure Safewatch ( moderator of this forum) is, I just picked up the ITI line recently but am not well versed in the unit you have, however, you did state that it is hardwired, so you should be ok. Be sure to meter all your curcuits before connecting them to the panel power surges can weld contacts and relays shut. I would recomend looking at the existing control panel wiring diagram and lable all connections with wire markers to be sure you have all the wires correctly marked before disconnecting, making notes of the existing zones on how they are connected, once your there the fun begins, but all of us are with you in this to the end, If you need help finding the equipment or any questions e-mail me, I will be glad to assist!!

Kenny

Old 10-19-03, 08:17 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, it looks like the UltraGard sensors will be compatible with the new ITI systems - like the Simon 3, Concord Express, and others.

Seeing as how the UltraGard system is more of a traditional hardwire-type system (meaning you have a Control Panel and separate keypads, siren, etc.), I would highly recommend the Concord Express. It comes with 16 wireless zones built-in, and it is extremely easy to install and program (I've had many beginner/novice customers install this system in a matter of hours - with very few questions too.)

The only thing you will need to replace will be the Control itself and the Keypad(s) - the SuperBus keypads (used with the UltraGard) are not compatible with the Concord Express. But, for less than $200 you can get a complete kit that would cover all of your needs - just be sure to get a kit that comes with a <i>programming</i> keypad and not just the regular Fixed keypad.

If there is anything we can help you with, be sure to ask.

Old 10-20-03, 04:31 AM
chevelle
Visiting Guest
Thank you very much. I will keep you posted on what I end up doing - may be several weeks due to way too much stuff going on right now though. I am looking forward to getting this thing working for peace of mind.