brinks DSS-670us

Old 10-20-03, 04:22 PM
bmwfreeek
Visiting Guest
Question brinks DSS-670us

Hi there alarm buddies. i am in desperate need of documentation for a BRINKS DSS-670US panel. I'm am trying to do zone programming. I have lots of experience on other panels but don't know crap on this particular one. Can anybody help me?

Old 10-20-03, 05:22 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 322 Upvotes on 297 Posts
The odds are that you are pretty much stuck. Brinks are hard-coded. They don't play well with others. There may be a way to alter one without their software/hardware combo, but I don't know it.

Old 10-20-03, 06:06 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The only experience I have on Brinks is the BHS-2000 line - couldn't tell you anything about their other products.

I do know the BHS line uses a special keypad as the programmer - so it may be that you need a programmer for that panel also. Don't expect to find one cheap - if at all. I would check Ebay.

Good luck!

Old 10-26-03, 06:01 PM
The Alarm Guy
Visiting Guest
If i'm not mistaken, the 670 is one of brink's very OLDER panels. It may be so old that some of their branches may not stock parts for them anymore (they are that old. well in the eletronics industry 10 years is very old). If you have some open zones and there are resistors between the zones and the commons, you may be able to expand there, but beware... if the panel sends in more alarm signals than they have for your account then the'll know that things were added. If you like brinks and their service (some people do and some people don't. most of those who don't have had a bad experience, which in business just as in real life, you can't make everybody like you.) then you should strongly look into upgrading your system. You can do it inexpensively. Just as with any electronic device, if wears out eventualy. If upgrading your system then do your homework & find a company you can trust. I can't speak for the other dedicated professionals in this forum but they also know that there are "fly by night" companies out there. Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance but there may be another out there that may have the information you need.

--thealarmguy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: