Newbie of the month Quest - Motion Det

Old 11-23-03, 01:15 PM
Chuckles G.
Visiting Guest
Question Newbie of the month Quest - Motion Det

Hi Folks,
Well here I sit with a big box of DSC Parts and that "Deer in the headlights" kinda look... I've read those DSC installation and instruction manuals (about 25 times now) and after 2weeks I now have the 5010 on the wall with battery charged, EOL resistors on all zones, and one contact switch working on Zone 1. Hey I'm a pilot not an electrician

Anyway, I wanted to start with a simple circuit and build from there. It is a Power832/PC5010 system with a LCD5500 keypad What I have in the box yet to be installed are as follow;

3 Bravo 3 PIRs,
a PC5132 wireless receiver &key kit,
3 wireless PIRs,
3 wireless Smoke det,
3 wireless door/window contacts,

and a bag of hard wired contacts.

What I’m looking for are better diagrams and/or instructions than what came in the boxes from DSC. i.e. wiring flow Diagrams shown where the actual leads from the Motion dets get connected to the Motherboard, (ie where is the 12v and the neg for 2 of the 4 motion det wires, 2 go to the zone and com but where is the 12+ and neg)?

The hookup Diagram for the 5010 control panal does not show these things clearly, I see 2 contacts for AC, then a + and - for AUX, 2 for bell (understand that one), 4 contacts for Keypad, then 2 contacts for PGM1 and 2 (Lost me here , then the 8 zones and coms.

Once I understand the power connectors I'll be able to attack the Wireless side of things. For example can someone explain if My smoke dets (WLS906-433) are 2 wire or four, ect.

Thanks for taking the time to read this note, and especially if you have any info that can help.

Cheers,
Chuck G

Old 11-23-03, 01:29 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The AC power is just that - the AC transformer only (non-polarized.) The keypads and, if you want, the PC 5132 Receiver get wired to the Keypad power and databus terminals (pretty self-explanatory.)

Any other hardwired, powered devices will be wired to the AUX+ and AUX- terminals for power - Red to +, Black to -.

The zone loop wires will be wired to the zone COM and Z1-6 terminals - I think you've got that. If you're using wireless devices, you don't have to worry about wiring anything but the PC5132 - you just have to worry about programming them.

Wireless devices do not have wires, so your smoke detectors are neither 2-wire or 4-wire - ignore that - it only applies to hardwired smokes.

Hope that helps.
Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: