Video Camera Systems

Old 01-20-04, 05:45 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Video Camera Systems

Due to my recent break in that neted a loss of $12,000.00 to my insurance company and mental stress to my wife and myself we have installed a security system now. The question is I would like to install a camera system 4 to 6 color cameras and a DVR and multiplexer. Can this be accomplished for 1200 to 1600 dollars. If so what are the web sites. Also, where does one find a floor safe as mentioned in the other thread I think I would like to explore that option also.. Thanks George

Old 01-21-04, 06:59 AM
slider
Visiting Guest
Ouch! Ramsey Electronics (www.ramseyelectronics.com) has a pretty good selection of cameras and a time lapse VCR. I'm considering installing some cameras myself and they appear to be decent quality. Dollarwise, I think you're probably in the ballpark depending on what you spend on the DVR.

Old 01-21-04, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I haven't looked lately, but I know Sams Club sells video equipment intented for businesses and they weren't that expensive compared to other sources. Just go to samsclub.com -> business needs -> motel/bed&breakfast -> security systems

Old 01-23-04, 10:03 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you want a professional, DIY system there's a company that makes the "guts" of the DVR's and you just put them together - literally all a DVR is is a computer with Vid-Cap anyway, and usually some special software (with Win2k for security.)

I'm currently in the process of getting pricing and catalogs from them, so I don't have a whole lot of information on them. But, I plan to be setup with them soon - so I can tell you more.

I do know they have 4, 6, 8 and 16 camera setups, and will be coming out with a stand-alone DVR soon.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: