Concord phone interface module installation help, programming help

Old 01-25-04, 06:02 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord phone interface module installation help, programming help

Installing my concorde integrated panel, and have run into a problem:

I have a few superbus modules, like a phone interface module, the alphanumeric keypad, and the energy saver module.....they all show the same connection to the main panel on the: gnd/+12/ Bus A/ Bus B terminals.

Do I just hook all of these to the same terminals??? i.e. I'll have 3 different wires running to each panel screw.......

Is this correct, or am I confused??

ALSO- Will I be able to program the panel if the Alphanumeric keypad is hooked up to the aforementioned connections? Or do I need to get a programming touchpad cable (60-791)....hope not.

thanks again!

brandon, got your email, I figured out my problems and have come up with some solutions to the mounting panel standoffs and the antenna.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-04, 08:22 PM
KFS03
Visiting Guest
You are correct with the connections of the bus devices. All Superbus devices land to they same four terminals on the control panel.

You will not need to buy a programming cable if you have the Alpha touchpad (PN-60-746-01) connected in the field. The programming cable is to attach an alpha touchpad for programming if the system only has the fixed english display keypad.

Sounds like you are close to programming .

Chad

Old 01-25-04, 09:31 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
brandon, got your email, I figured out my problems and have come up with some solutions to the mounting panel standoffs and the antenna.
Not really much to either one, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

As was mentioned, you're right on - just connect any SuperBus 2000 modules like a keypad, and forget the programming cable (it's mainly for technicians working on professionally installed systems where there is no Alpha keypad.)

There's not really much to programming the system - just setup your Alpha Descriptions and make sure your phone numbers are setup properly. Make sure Remote Access is turned on - or else the Phone Interface does you no good.

Good luck!

Old 01-26-04, 09:41 AM
O
thanks

Thanks a bunch u2.

Brandon, I emailed you about buying a few more things for my system......

I have a slim line interior siren I want to hook up as a status indicator....

do I hook it up to the phone/voice board output, or to the main panel speaker out?

Will the voice work through this type of speaker?

Old 01-26-04, 08:15 PM
KFS03
Visiting Guest
Your Slimline interior siren wil connect to terminals 4 and 10 on the main control panel. The voice feature will not work but the siren will give you status beeps. The Slimline siren is pretty much a piezo in a fancy package. If you add a speaker for voice and alarm messages it wil lconnect to the phone interface module.

Chad

Old 01-27-04, 05:42 AM
O
Speaker for voice recognition?

What type of inside speaker should I use to get the voice feature to work?

Old 01-27-04, 07:55 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The ITI 60-252 Interior Speaker/Piezo combo is the best. It allows you to connect the speaker for voice annunciation and the piezo for status and alarm sounds.

Old 01-27-04, 01:26 PM
O
thanks

Brandon,

Sent you and email, and just ordered some stuff.....

Time to get programming this bad boy!