Need Turnkey DVR type system. Suggestions?

Old 02-09-04, 11:08 AM
DIYnut
Visiting Guest
Cool Need Turnkey DVR type system. Suggestions?

Hi, looking for a turnkey system with 4-8 cameras, 30 day capability, either tape or dvr. Want to record inside and out and motion start would be nice. Price range ~$2000 Don't want to shop here and there for recorders/camera's etc. Can anyone recommend a "Complete" system?

Think an acquaintance may access or try to access our home while we're away on trips. Would like to know. Not too worried about actual theft. Would like a dedicated system so I can install it in an unseen area and not have to leave my PC running while we're away. Is this too much to ask for this $$? Can always up the ante if necessary. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 07:13 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you would like something that's pretty much plug-n-play - <a href="http://www.crowelec.com">Crow Electronics</a> makes a product called the CrowJet USB. Basically, this is a USB 4 camera adapter for your computer. You would need some software to go along with it, but that's not too difficult to find.

I just received a new line of cameras and DVR parts from TechnoVision that seems to be a very good line - they do not have a stand-alone DVR (yet), but they do have the components (input boards, motherboards, etc.) And, they are priced very reasonably.

Of course, there are a lot of systems on the market, just be sure to do a <i>little</i> shopping at least, and find one that suits you for a good price.

Let us know if we can help.

Old 02-15-04, 07:06 PM
KFS03
Visiting Guest
I have no experience with this kit or Supercircuits but you could try something like this .DVQ system .

Old 02-15-04, 08:24 PM
DIYnut
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I appreciate the input. Will do some research.