Mixing and Matching Sensors

Old 02-16-04, 09:38 AM
bobfredericks
Visiting Guest
Mixing and Matching Sensors

I have a few sensors in a recent installation that are not flush with the window units wall base. I was wondering in review of some of the sites sentrol makes a stubby mount wich is 1/4 in length.

Can I mix and match these with my current sensors that are not Sentrol on a DSC unit?

Also the current sensors have a square magnet that are attached to the unit. Can these be used with other sensors?

The windows all close fine, should I simply seal these sensors with some silicone until they go bad then swap them ?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-04, 09:50 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You should have no problems replacing old contacts with a different brand - the only real consideration is whether your sensors are Normally Open or Normally Closed, but most door/window sensors are NC. Of course, size does matter in this case, also - make sure you get 3/8" if that's what you have, etc.

I highly recommend contacts with Terminals as opposed to wire leads - not only will it be easier to make the connection, but they will also fit back in the wall easier (and should flush-up better.)

Let us know if you need any help.

Good luck!

Old 02-16-04, 10:41 AM
bobfredericks
Visiting Guest
Thanks SafeWatch. I think once all of this drops out of warranty I will make the changes. I belive I will go with the 1125 Sentrols. They seemed reasonably priced and I am sure they will fit.