Lynx-r & 5804 keychain programming

Old 02-17-04, 07:49 PM
Johnnyrad
Visiting Guest
Lynx-r & 5804 keychain programming

I can't figure out how to programm the remote 5804 device to work with my Lynx-r security system. Any site says they are compatible, but the instructions that came with the remote only say how to program it with a Visa 20 or Vista 40 + model. I looked on Ademco's site and couldn't find any documentation... any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-04, 09:35 PM
Johnnyrad
Visiting Guest
As a follow up, i got my hands on the installation guide... so i have the procedure... EXCEPT i need the installers code (4 digits) to get into programming mode... and i dont have it. The default one 4-1-1-2 didnt work, nor did 1-2-3-4. Any ideas on a way to find out what it is? I don't want the company who installed the system to come out and charge me a forture to just punch in some code the programmed when i have all the directions.

Old 02-17-04, 11:45 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a "back-door" into programming, it's in the installer manual - however, keep in mind that entering programming could void your warranty or worse (especially if you are under contract.)

Check with your installing company to make sure it's not going to void your warranty or violate your contract in some way.

Good luck!