Fianlizing alarm installation: hooking up motions?

Old 02-21-04, 05:26 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Finalizing alarm installation: hooking up motions?

I have 2 DSC Bravo 6 motion sensors, and just need a little clarification on how to wire these things.

I can use 2 hardwire zones for theses, I have plenty on my panel, so no need to wire them together.

The contacts on the Bravo 6 are labelled +12 / Gnd / NC / C

Its a no brainer what should go to the +12 and GND , but which output do I use to go into the control panel NC or C, or do I use them both some how?

I also have a 2k ohm resistor to go inline after the connection is made.

I sure someone can help!

BTW, I have a Concord Integrated panel if that matters.

Thanks!

Last edited by ortho_resident; 02-21-04 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-04, 05:58 PM
locknalarm
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

Wire the motion n/c for end of line supervision put the resistor inside the motion in series on one leg of the circuit, if you have room on the panel set up each motion to a seperate zone any question contact me [email protected]

>>>>NO ADS OR ADVERTISEMENTS ALLOWED<<<<

Advertisement Policy and Disclosure Statements:

Ads, advertisements, solicitations to buy or sell products, perform services, etc. of any type are not allowed within the forum topics.

All members are advised we have a "No Ads" "No Advertisement" policy within the forums on this web site. At no time nor by any means or method is any type of advertisement, solicitation, surveys, recommendation to buy or sell products or services, directly or indirectly to be made within the forums or the topics.

Forums and the topics where intended to be used to exchange helpful problem solving methods and solutions to questions asked by members. Forums are not intended to be used as a public advertisement bulletin board.The forums are not intended to be used for the purpose of sales, advertising of product sales and or services, etc.

Unsuitable and inappropriate postings not relevant to the intent of the do it yourself web site, threads containing ads, advertisements, surveys, solicitations or any such content deemed as such by the web sites staff, personal and or the forum topic moderators will be edited and or deleted without prior notice.

Kindly direct your advertisements to our advertisement department using the "receive advertising info" link provided on the bottom of every web page.

To solicit a contractor or company to perform services, please use the: "Get Matched with PreScreened Local Contractors" pictorial link provided on the top right hand side of every web page.

Do not use email communications to send ads, advertisements or solicitations to any member or moderator without their prior request to do so. Our members email addresses and Personal {PM} Message services are not intended to be used for sending advertisements or solicitations of any type.

Failure to comply to or comply with any policies and or rules, any part of such, may result in loss of membership privileges allowed on this web site with or without prior notice.

Once notified, you should immediately make any and all needed and or requested changes and or corrections to comply with the rules and reply back that you have done so.

On behalf of myself, Sharp Advice and the Do-It-Yourself staff, all forum members and professional moderators, we thank you for your cooperation in these matters.

Sincerely,
Robert Horning.
Web Site Administrator.
Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 02-21-04 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-21-04, 09:10 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Its a no brainer what should go to the +12 and GND
Just like a keypad - very easy to do.

...but which output do I use to go into the control panel NC or C, or do I use them both some how?
You'll actually be using both - the NC should go back to your Zone Input (yellow wire typically) and the C should go back to the Zone Common (green wire.)

I also have a 2k ohm resistor to go inline after the connection is made.
If you're going to put one per zone, just wire the EOL in series inside the motion (usually on the yellow wire - one leg to the wire, one to the NC terminal - but you can wire it to green too, doesn't really matter.)
If you're going to series 2 or more sensors together, put the EOL at the true End-of-Line (I think we talked about this before - same idea.) EOL supervises the entire line.

I sure someone can help!
You know it