Cameras etc

Old 03-10-04, 11:37 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cameras etc

In my vacation home i want to install a system with cameras connected to a vcr . Since it is often several weeks bettwen my visits I need to monitor the outside and windows and doors. There are two 8 ft sliding doors to the outside and only one wooden door. I would like to photo everyone who even walks thru the yard (50x75 ft) and also monitor the activity in case of intrusion. I suspect that there is at least one person locally who frequents my place snooping and maybe doing damage ...
Having read most of the questions here I would appreciate any suggestions as to systems that a novice can install...preferably wireless and any other suggestions...sources...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-04, 04:37 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
First, let me warn you, what you are looking for with those specs, is not generally cheap. The recorder is the expensive part of the game.

What you are wanting is a system that will use motion sensing to trigger recording. A normal consumer vcr can't do that.

There are options, just realize the ones that look really inexpensive, probably won't do what you want.

Old 03-10-04, 05:21 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
<a href="http://www.crowelec.com/video.html">Crow Electronics</a> makes some remote video recording and surveillance systems that may of interest.

But, as MrRon mentioned, what you are wanting <i>can</i> be done with a VCR (using cheapo equipment like X-10), but if you want to do it right, you should use Digital. One of the biggest advantages of using digital is that you can remotely access it. Plus, you are only limited (in storage) by the amount of harddrive space you have installed.

If you are interested in a complete, low-cost DVR system, <a href="http://www.technovisioncctv.com">TechnoVision USA</a> has a 4 camera (Dome cameras at that!) package for around $2000.

Good luck!

Old 03-11-04, 05:49 AM
B
Thanks guys...

Thanks for the suggestions....not really sure I want to spend $2000 on a system but will think about maybe other less expensive ways to give security while I am gone...Will write the suggested places for information.