simon3 installation

Old 03-17-04, 05:08 AM
jimd
Visiting Guest
Question simon3 installation

First off let me say what a great forum this is. Truly the best one I have come across. Kudos to you guys & gals here at DIY.com.
OK here goes my first post.
Just recieved my Simon 3 panel #60-875-11-3 with the x-10 class 2 transformer, 19 micro sensors and 2 recessed door sensors.
My question pertains to installing the control panel. I see that the transformer plugs into an electical outlet then is wired to the control panel via the terminals on the transformer and the a/c terminals on the control panel. I understand everything that is outlined in the installation manual except that it doesn't specify what type, size, gauge etc... wire I am supposed to use between the transformer and the panel. I am far from an electrician but do know the basics, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as I want to install this thing myself. Thanx in advance JimD

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-04, 04:04 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's recommended that you use an 18 gauge - 2 conductor wire (similar to speaker wire or "lamp cord".)

However, many techs use 22 gauge - 4 conductor wire and double-up on each terminal. Technically (when I say technically, I mean electrically technically) this is ok - however, it's not "up to code" (which doesn't really matter for self-installation.)

Good luck!