Build system

Old 05-02-04, 06:41 AM
AceI
Visiting Guest
Build system

I would like some info. on building my own security system for my basement.
I have 4 windows , i dont even know how to start.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-04, 04:32 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, the first thing you need to do is decide whether or not you want to (or can) run wires for the doors and windows.

From there you can start picking out a security system. I like the GE/ITI Concord Expres - is somewhat eliminates this question, since it has 6 hardwire zones and 16 wireless zones built-in.

From there you will need to decide how you want to protect the area - I highly recommend putting up door sensors on all of the doors. As for windows, it's up to you, but if you can protect them, you might as well.

Other options include motion detectors, glassbreak detectors and shock sensors.

You also need to decide how many keypads you want to put in and whether or not you want to monitor your system.

There are several options out there, and many systems to choose from, but for the most part, all systems are wired essentially the same and work with most of the devices out there (hardwired anyway, wireless is proprietary.)

I also recommend reading through some of the installation manuals to compare how each system is installed and, more importantly, how it is programmed. Some are much more difficult to program than others. Take a look at http://manuals.safewatchservice.com for most of the manuals.

Good luck!