Help! I need of a 3-door door chime

Old 05-26-04, 08:09 AM
Q
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help! I need of a 3-door door chime

Hi All,
Trying to finish wires and I need to find a door chime that has 3 different chimes for three doors, Front, back and side.
I can't seem to find this.
Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-04, 01:20 PM
S
Sorry, no idea myself. Let's try this in the electronic side, this is probably more in their line.

Old 05-26-04, 04:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Hmm...
There _might_ be a commercial chime that will do 3 or more tones from different trigger points, but what you may have to do is simply use a second chime unit for that third entry. You could power it from the same transformer without any difficulty: few chimes even come close to taxing the power reserves of even the cheapest transformer. Remember, except for a few really fancy models, a doorbell is just a normally open switch in a bell loop. Can always hide the combo of cheap parts in a nice speaker cabinet.

<edit> There is one from Nutone that will handle 3 entrys with three different tones. (http://www.nutone.com/product-detail...roductID=10262)

There are a number of ways I could think of to do it using some of the capabilities of a number of the security systems on the market, but a lot depends on what you want.

Last edited by MrRonFL; 05-26-04 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-26-04, 04:48 PM
Q
Yes, I have done that in the past. I used a wireless for the side door since I add that door after the main house was built.
Before I closed up the walls downstairs I was going to put in the wires for the side door bell. I put the wires in and just look a little more. But your idea is a good one which I just might do again.
Thanks

Old 06-03-04, 05:38 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Also check NuTones model LA-20. It's cheaper than the one listed above, unless you want it as a show piece as well as a chime.