Brinks Bhs-3000a

Old 06-05-04, 11:44 AM
SPRINGER
Visiting Guest
Brinks Bhs-3000a

hi i just moved in this house it has a brinks #bhs-3000a system in it it is in the power down mode i do know the master code # but this does not help. i do not want to use the monitoring service just local alarms the control panel says hs-3000a honeywell series 3000 any help would be great thanks :

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-04, 10:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What you want to do is possible - but not ideal. First of all, disconnect the RJ block at the control panel (see http://phonewiring.safewatchservice.com for more details on that) - this will disconnect the security system from your phone lines (very important!) This also keeps Brinks from calling into the system to disable it (yes, they do do that frequently - if they do, your system is useless unless you sign-up for their service.)

Now, here's the problem - your system is going to beep all the time and give you trouble indications. This is going to get very annoying and you'll want to rip it off the wall - good idea. I recommend you replace it with a Concord Express or DSC 632 or pretty much anything else.

As far as I know, you can't do anything much with the BHS-3000 systems.

Good luck!