Alarm disarms itself

Old 06-05-04, 12:48 PM
nvein
Visiting Guest
Alarm disarms itself

Does anyone know why or how this happens? I leave my house with the alarm set and when I come home It looks as if it was never set. No one has my code. All the doors and windows are locked but the alarm looks like it was never set and says ready. It is a brinks bhs series. Brinks doesn't want to send a tech out and Im kinda worried cos' the neighborhood is getting worse. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Last edited by nvein; 06-05-04 at 12:49 PM. Reason: none
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-04, 10:12 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, that is very odd. I've worked on a few of the Brinks systems (mostly just taking them over), but I've never seen anything like that.

I'm not sure if the system has a auto-arm/disarm schedule or not. I don't think so, but it's possible.

Very odd that Brinks would not want to send someone out - they are usually more than happy to charge an arm and a leg for something simple.

See if you can get them to dial-in to the system to check it - don't let them tell you it can't be done, if the system is disarmed (and maybe if it isn't) they can get into the system and check the programming.

Give that a try - talk to a manager if you have to, fuss at them a while, I'm sure eventually they will comply.

If that doesn't work, post back with some more details (model #, for example - inside the control panel cover) and we'll try to figure something out.

Good luck!