What's the best wireless home security system right now?

Old 06-13-04, 02:29 AM
Tfrost
Visiting Guest
What's the best wireless home security system right now?

I'm thinking about the Simon 3. I want to monitor 4 doors, 2 windows, 1 water sensor, and 1 smoke detector. I also want a monitoring service...

Thanks, T

Old 06-13-04, 12:30 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you want a strictly wireless security system, with limited expandability options, then the Simon 3 is the way to go. It's very easy to install and program, and has many capabilities.

However, if you want a hardwire security system with built-in wireless (this will provide you with a little more security than an all-in-one system), then you may want to step up to the Concord Express system. It has 6 hardwire zones and 16 wireless zones right out of the box. It's also very easy to install and program - but you will have to at least run a keypad wire and a siren wire. The Concord Express kit runs about the same as other hardwire systems that do not include any wireless.

Hope that helps. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Old 06-13-04, 03:06 PM
Tfrost
Visiting Guest
Does the Simon 3 need a siren or is one built into the main keypad?

Thanks, Tony

Old 06-15-04, 11:17 AM
fredtech
Visiting Guest
The Simon 3 does have a built-in siren.

Old 06-16-04, 07:24 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It also has 2 siren outputs (Indoor and Outdoor), so if you wanted to connect an additional siren, you could do so.

The built-in is a 105dB Piezo siren, so it's pretty loud. If you get the X-10 compatible Simon 3, you can also add X-10 Powerhorn sirens in the house, wirelessly.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: