DSC pc5010

Old 08-02-04, 07:10 PM
DVH
Visiting Guest
DSC pc5010

Please help. I am totally lost. I bought a home 4 years ago with a DSC alarm system in place. The box says Westinghouse DSC WSS 5010. For the past 4 years we have had the use of a chime whenever any of the 3 doors(zones) were opened . One day the control panel started to chirp. Before I could locate the dead battery my husband had pushed every button on the key pad including the one to set off the LOUD external alarm. After yanking the wire from the speaker to stop the external alarm I replaced the battery and plugged the charger back in. Now everytime one of the doors(zones) is opened there is a long tone (chime) that lasts about 15-20 seconds. I have never had the system monitored. Nor do I have any sort of instruction manual or pass codes. Is there a way to re -set this myself. Everyone I call tells me that the system must be monitored before they will come look at it. Thank You
DVH

Old 08-03-04, 06:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The DSC website has user manuals, and you can get the actual install manuals from people like Safewatch.

But yes, the door chime has an adjustment on that model DSC, especially on the LCD keypads.

Old 08-04-04, 05:49 AM
DVH
Visiting Guest
Re: DSC

Thank you so much. I will give it a try.

DVH

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: