trying to expand my business venture

Old 08-09-04, 07:35 PM
grantpac
Visiting Guest
trying to expand my business venture

am a selfemployed telephone/data technician out of new york,due to clients always asking me about alarm system. am looking to getting into the business. an curious to no what step showed i take , what systems are good and way to go about learning how to put them in,am already in the field of wiring and system programming but i no nothing about alarm systems.any information is helpfull. thank guys.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-04, 09:44 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you know nothing about alarm systems, you're best bet is to partner with an established alarm company. Many are looking for good technicians, and most would be more than willing to partner up.

Starting an alarm business is not an easy venture.

Good luck!

Old 08-15-04, 05:25 AM
middy
Visiting Guest
new to alarms

I have been in the industry for 10 years,
all i can say is its like all other industries, anyone can do it, but its the experience you need to do it properly and not go back day after day to fix things,

id suggest you sub contract to some companies, or partner up with someone to get the knowledge,

doint you have enough work doing dat and telecomms???
I find this strange in your part of the world-

I come from a smallish town and cover a 150km radius, I supply and install alarms cctv and data/ telecommunications products, due to the new regulations here forcing us to licensing...

With some industry knowledge of cabling you could probably install and by then reading these forums you could then program systems, but when it comes to faults this is the hard part- it take years of experience to learn it all and im still learning with new technology,
anyways my final thought to you is to buy a few systems and take them home and play with them, this is a good way to learn bench testing..
also most suppliers here in AUS run courses to train you.. goodluck

Old 08-17-04, 05:55 AM
grantpac
Visiting Guest
thanks for your insight,but here in new york city the telecommunication business is big. so there a time when the bigger companies take from the little guys like me.and then am yet to come across a company that bridges the the alarm/telecom and data.the wider my range is to make it in this city better i will survive,and it is getting rouge.but my biggest set back is information and a good product that i can stand by and also a company that offers a training course alarm. thank you middy