DSC WLS-920&910

Old 08-10-04, 05:34 PM
vanguy
Visiting Guest
DSC WLS-920&910

Hello,

We have a previously wireless monitored system in place in our new house. I would like to get this up and running but NOT monitored. How can this be accomplished myself? I work in electronics so I am adept.
I have read through some posts here, and cannot find in our system, a program port. The Controller unit does have a two pin header on the PC board though.
The Master code I do not know.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 08-10-04, 06:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 265 Upvotes on 244 Posts
Ok it sounds like you might have a PC 5010 (Power 832) panel with a bunch of wireless add on's including wireless keypad units. Is this correct.

The proper id for your unit is the main panel it should be on a diagram inside the door. I only recognized the panel because that remote was made to go with that particular panel line.

Let us know, then we can deal in specifics.

Old 08-10-04, 06:50 PM
vanguy
Visiting Guest
not sure

how do I find out if its a 5010 or any model in fact? There is no manuals around or anything.

On the wireless keypad, there is no diagram, nor in the controller box.

ps, this is a canadian made system

Old 08-10-04, 07:08 PM
vanguy
Visiting Guest
as well

this unit, has no zones to hardwire. there is NO panel to wire at all. We have wireless motion detectors and wireless door switches, all seemingly directing their 'feed' to the controller unit which has antennas inside on the PC board.

Old 08-11-04, 03:37 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
DSC is a Canadian company. The model number in generally on the face of the largest chip on the circuit board.

Are you certain that you have no other system box? The wireless reciever can be located remotely from the control. This may be a configuration that was never sold in the US, but I can find nothing in the DSC catalog or Website that matches the combination of components you are describing.

Are there telephone connections and backup battery in this panel box?

Old 08-11-04, 04:53 PM
vanguy
Visiting Guest
re

I have now figured out that it is products contained in the discontinued DSC Marquis line. http://www.dsc.com/intl/marquis2/marquis.html

We have One Control box in bedroom with three jacks: 2 telephone and one RJ-45 larger ethernet style. It also has a back-up battery.
We also have One wireless keypad, one siren box, and various door switches and IR sensors.
http://www.alarmsbc.com/marquis.htm#...m%20Controller
that will tell you about the controler box (wireless reciever)

I will try my best to scour the net for something to read about it, and hopefully someone here knows some more.

Thanks for your help MrRon!

cheers,
M

Old 08-12-04, 03:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ah, that explains it. I don't think that the search engine for the cd-rom catalog they send out searches the discontinued products well.

I don't think that this one was very common in the US.

Old 08-13-04, 09:18 PM
vanguy
Visiting Guest
almost given in

Shucks, guess Im hooped then. S.O.L. .... up the creek without a paddle...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: