Wiring smokes for Ademco Vista-20PS...

Old 08-15-04, 10:31 AM
jamtek
Visiting Guest
Question Wiring smokes for Ademco Vista-20PS...

When setting up a 4-wire smoke zone for the Vista-20PS what is the correct "hardwire type" to specify during programming...EOL, NC, oe NO? My 4-wire smokes are wired in parrallel with a supervising relay and a 2000 ohm EOL resistor on the zone side plus terminal.

Also, the detectors are ESL Model # 445CSH smokes. What is the best way to test them? I don't see any "test" button outside or inside. There is a single exposed red LED on the outside--how often should this blink? There are no faults being indicated by the control panel so I assume all is ok but I want to actively test the fire circuit to be sure.

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-04, 11:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
The correct zone type is either 10 (Supervised Fire) or 16 (Fire with verification) (Not a bad choice if your cooking style or taste for candles or incense merits).

The best test for hardwire smokes is either the canned "smoke" they sell at most homecenters, or holding a smoldering incense stick just below the detector, in either case, clearing the detector with compressed air (the air duster cans are perfect) is a good idea.

Most hardwire smokes telltales blink every 15 to 30 sec or so. The frequency or pattern of blinks are actually a maintainance code on some models.