Help to find out Master Code for NX-4 or Reset Code

Old 08-17-04, 04:39 AM
interlou
Visiting Guest
Help to find out Master Code for NX-4 or Reset Code

Hi,
my housemate and i were trying to change the code on our system, but in the process have stuffed up the code. Now it doesn't accept our code!! Technician costs $99/half hour...i think we can reset it ourselves or find the master code. Anyone know how i can access and find out?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-04, 05:03 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, I wouldn't recommend paying anyone $200/hour (that's absolutely INSANE - I've heard of up to $120/hour, but that's for high-end service, not changing a stupid code!!!) But, it could be very difficult to accomplish yourself. There was a recent post about getting into programming on Caddx systems, but I think the verdict is that it doesn't always work.

From what I know, you need a programmer keypad to get into installer programming without the code.

You may be better off paying about $150 or so for a new system and just replace it. All you would have to replace is the Control Panel and the Keypad(s).

MrRon, any suggestions?

Old 08-17-04, 05:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
For NX series panels, the quickest, easiest, cheapest way is the direct connect module and a laptop. There is a chance that one can get into program mode with the default 9713 and just default the whole thing, since there is seldom complex programming on a panel this small the reprogram would be simple.

I agree that 200/hour is steep. We don't charge that much for emergency _fire alarm_ service.

It's sad that so few companies are willing to service "foreign" hardware for a decent price. The good will pays off.