Safewatch Pro 2000 constant beep

Old 08-17-04, 04:14 PM
gtmikki
Visiting Guest

My Safewatch Pro 2000 alarm system is constantly beeping. It says battery (BAT) but does not show a zone. Does the keypad have a battery? If so, is it possible to change out the battery or would I have to place a service call?

How do I just disconnect the alarm system if I can't stop the beeping?

I do not have ADT monitoring anymore. It is monitored by a local company.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-04, 04:54 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
BAT usually means the system battery is going bad or low (the big one in the panel.)

It could also be a sensor battery, but if I remember correctly, those show as troubles on Zone XX.

If you have a multimeter, you could check the voltage on the battery (disconnect the panel first, then test for DC voltage - you should have <i>at least</i> 11.5VDC, even that's low.) Then, also check the battery under load - meaning, connect it back to the panel and unplug the transformer, then test the voltage. If it drops off fast, replace it.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-04, 05:25 PM
gtmikki
Visiting Guest

My Safewatch Pro 2000 alarm system is constantly beeping. It says battery (BAT) but does not show a zone. Does the keypad have a battery? If so, is it possible to change out the battery or would I have to place a service call?

I do not have ADT monitoring anymore. It is monitored by a local company.

Please help.

----

If it is the big battery in the panel, where could I purchase a replacement battery? The beeping is driving me crazy.

ADT did not give me a key to the locked panel. Does this mean that I will still have to place a service call to ADT.

Thanks

Old 08-17-04, 05:29 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's a 12VDC/4Ah battery (usually, sometimes 7Ah, but I doubt ADT would go to the extra expense.) You can get one at the local Radio Shack, or Batteries Plus.

If you don't have a key (sometimes they leave it on top of the panel or hidden nearby), get out the drill and a 3/8" bit - drill straight through the middle of the lock. <I>Just be very careful not to press too hard - you can punch through the lock and hit the board inside damaging it!</i>

Good luck!