DSC PC 1550 alarm system

Old 08-21-04, 04:44 PM
Canadianboy
Visiting Guest
DSC PC 1550 alarm system

I just purchased a house equipped with a DSC PC 1550 alarm system. Unfortunately the previous owners did not use the system and they did not have a manual for it or any codes. I did however download a manual but I would need to get a mastercode for the system. The keypad seems to be dead as you can push any button and nothing seems to happen. The memory light is on, the bypass light is on and Zone 4 light is on. The system is not plugged in to a phone line and I am not planning on having my place monitored. I just want to get the system to work. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks !

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-04, 07:31 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Make sure you have an installation manual, and not just the user manual - more than likely, you'll have to do some programming (don't worry, this system doesn't require much programming.)

I would start by power cycling the system (hopefully, this will give you use of the keypad again) - unplug the transformer and the battery. Then plug the battery back in followed by the transformer. When you do this, listen to the control panel for 10 clicks of the phone relay (it will be pretty obvious.) If it clicks, unplug everything again and just leave it that way - you won't be able to do anything with it.

If, on the other hand, the system doesn't click, then you'll be ready to default it. Take a look in the installation manual for details on how to do this, but it's really very simple.

Once you've defaulted it, you'll be ready to reprogram it - again, refer to the manual for more info on that.

Of course, if you have any questions, come back and we'll do what we can.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-04, 04:51 PM
Canadianboy
Visiting Guest
I did what you suggested. I defaulted the hardware just like it was explained in the manual. However I am getting a continuous beep sound from the keypad with ALL THE LIGHTS ON except the trouble light and Zone 5 light. I tried entering different codes but to no avail. Now what ?

Old 08-30-04, 03:10 AM
mpresion
Visiting Guest
I just installed my DSC832 PC5010... master code on that was 5010 as a factory default. Maybe your PC1550 follows the same pattern... master code 1550. It just a stab in the dark.

Old 08-30-04, 03:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
I'm guessing that you might have smoke detectors on the system. Try entering the smoke detector reset command (assuming that the installer followed the manufacturers instructions for setting up smokes)

For the problem of the zones showing open, when you defaulted, the panel was probably set up to not need end of line resistors.

You have to go into programming section 12 and turn on option 1 and turn off option 5. This will turn off the dialer, and make the zones not need the end of line resistor.

I suspect that the tone you are hearing is the panel trying to communicate and failing. Normally pressing # will silence trouble tones.