Ademco 2-way wireless voice key...

Old 08-21-04, 06:53 PM
jamtek
Visiting Guest
Question Ademco 2-way wireless voice key...

I have the Ademco 5804BDV 2-way wireless voice key enrolled and assigned to a user and it seems to transmit and receive fine as I can arm and disarm the system using the different buttons/loops. The problem is if I check status or arm or disarm I don't get any voice, I just get an electronic tone out of the voice speaker. When I walk to a keypad, I see that the system has been armed or disarmed by whatever button I pressed appropriately, but it seems I am getting no feedback back to the transmitter to tell it what the status is. The RF receiver I'm using is a 6150RF keypad which has both transmitter and receiver built in.

I've double checked all programming etc. and can't figure out what the problem is. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-04, 07:24 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't know much about the 5804BDV, but looking around the MyWebTech site, I found the following:
<li>Speaks system status in plain english (requires 5800TM module)
<li>Indicates status by two bi-colored status LEDs and a piezoelectric sounder
<li>Check your system status by momentarily pressing and releasing any button. The yellow LED will flash after you release the button. After a
second or two, the 5804BDV will display the system status through the LEDs and speaker (see the System Status Indications Table, below - <font color=red>See the User Manual for the Table</font>)
So, here's my guess: With a wireless transceiver you can use the 5804 to control the system and receive status, but only via the LED and Piezo beeps. With the addition of the 5800TM you can also receive voice status. But, again, I'm guessing, I haven't worked with one so I don't know for sure.

Good luck!

Old 08-21-04, 07:32 PM
jamtek
Visiting Guest
Hi Brandon...thanks for the reply. The 6150RF is supposed to include the 5800TM built into the circuit board.

Old 08-21-04, 07:55 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
About the 6150RF
The 6150RF is a combination unit that contains:
A 6150 Fixed Addressable Keypad
A 5881M RF Receiver
A 5800TM Transmitter Module
A normally-open relay output.
You are correct. I didn't even check that.

Ok, I assume you have it enabled in the 6150RF's programming? Option 7.

I don't know what else you would need to do. Maybe MrRon has some suggestions?

Old 08-21-04, 09:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
I'll have to do some poking around. I've never tangled with that particular hardware combo. I know that some of these voice things, if the identifier programmed isn't one of the standard ones on their list, then the voice trick won't work. Basically, it's got a limited vocabulary.

Old 08-22-04, 03:19 AM
jamtek
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by SafeWatch
You are correct. I didn't even check that.

Ok, I assume you have it enabled in the 6150RF's programming? Option 7.

I don't know what else you would need to do. Maybe MrRon has some suggestions?

The transmitter module is enabled (and is by default). I have a supervised fire alarm and glass breaks now and those are working fine...so I assume the supervision function requires a working transmitter.

I have two of these voice keys, both enabled on the 6150RF and associated with different users. The keys were set up with an alpha keypad on the control panel using *58 + D and the wireless key programming template for the 5804BD, template 6.

Maybe I should try programming them manually using the 6150RF itself--it is just such a pain because the only way to enter programming mode on that keypad is to shut the power off or disconnect the power wire from the keypad and quickly press 1 + 3...something I find so clumsy and hard to do within 30 seconds! Bad design

Any help is really appreciated.

Old 09-03-04, 04:17 PM
Pitsville
Visiting Guest
I had the same problem trying to get a 5804BDV to work with a Lynx panel. I don't know what I did but after programming it a few times it started working.

I think I caused my problem by changing the House ID of the panel to match the 5804 when it already was using a different House ID for a 5828.

I don't know if this applies to your system but it might be worth checking the House ID. I think that's how I got mine working.

Also it only talks when you press a button. I was hoping I could carry it around as a chime announcer in disarm mode but it doesn't do that.

Old 09-05-04, 03:29 PM
jamtek
Visiting Guest
Now working...

It is now working after just resetting (power off) the 6150RF and manually re-entering the House ID, keyboard address, etc. eventhough I think everything was already set correctly prior.

I won't argue with success. It is a pretty neat wireless key system.

Jamtek