One pad works....the other doesn't ????

Old 08-21-04, 08:29 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
One pad works....the other doesn't ????

I have a Paradox Esprit Security System. I have 2 pads, one on the main floor, the other on the upstairs floor. I had to move my basement sensor a foot from its original location and had to snip the wires (long story). I immediately re-connected the wires and then checked to see whether the sensor was working or not. And it was.

Until I went upstairs only to notice that my pad was not working. Just a slight light when numbers were pressed, that's it. The function keys to the left (mem, trbl, 2nd, byp), do not even light up when pressed. However, my main floor pad is still functioning correctly. The alarm will sound when triggered but I can't access the alarm from my upstairs pad.

Was hoping someone had a solution to my problem. Like why is it that just because I snipped some wires only to reconnect it immediately after, that would affect the upstairs pad and not both pads ?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-04, 08:40 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't know much about the Paradox systems, but a guess: try a power cycle of the system (unplug battery and transformer, then power up.)

That's not going to fix a bad wire (if that's the case), but it may reset the system and the supervision on the keypad.

One note: anytime you service the system, whether it's moving devices or disconnecting/reconnecting zones/wires/keypads/whatever, always power the system down first.

Good luck!

Old 08-23-04, 04:18 AM
F
Originally Posted by SafeWatch
I don't know much about the Paradox systems, but a guess: try a power cycle of the system (unplug battery and transformer, then power up.)

Good luck!
If I do this, will it erase my code to arm/unarm the system ? Like the installer set this all up and I think I lost the manual anyway.

Old 08-23-04, 04:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
All of the system info in in an eprom. It's won't lose data on power down. You might have to reset the clock/date though. I'm with Safewatch, I've only actually seen a Paradox in a catalog.

Old 08-23-04, 05:51 PM
F
Originally Posted by MrRonFL
All of the system info in in an eprom. It's won't lose data on power down. You might have to reset the clock/date though. I'm with Safewatch, I've only actually seen a Paradox in a catalog.
I ended up calling the installer that put my alarm in but you were right about re-setting the system. Cost me 20.00 but that's all he did was unplug a couple of wires and I'm good now. thx.