NEW DSC PC1555 reset not working?

Old 08-28-04, 06:58 PM
Taboolie
Visiting Guest
NEW DSC PC1555 reset not working?

Alright, purchased a new system. Hooked it up as soon as I received it, mostly, to ensure that it worked since I am not going to install it in my home before any DOA warranty expires. Anyways, hooked up, trouble light is on solid, I tried to enter the default installer code 5555. I hit *8 5555 and it just beeped one long tone. Tried a few times, then I just hit *8 then a random number. I could kill myself for not remembering exactly what it was, but it then took me in to program mode. I hit # twice to exit this, for some reason. But now I'm back where I started, the 5555 does nothing. Did entering another number after pressing *8 the first time set the installer code to something else?

I also tried to reset the whole system as described by the manual. Disconnecting power, all the zone wires then shorting Z1 and PGM1. Turned it back on, but the manual said it should light up zone 1, that would indicate a hard reset. It didn't happen, just looked like it did before. Let it sit there for 5 min, nothing. Put it back the way it was, and the default code didn't work, nor could I just enter another random number.

Help! What did I do???

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-04, 03:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
If it's a new, out of the box system, 5555 should have worked, as should have the hardware default. I'm assuming that you did the power up using the power supply. It won't default on battery power.

Old 08-30-04, 04:59 PM
Taboolie
Visiting Guest
DSC PC1555 installer code no work

Oh yea, used the power supply and battery, seemed to power up fine, but give me error beeps. I read a post here that suggest the installer code might be related to the model number? PC1555 = installer code 1555?

Also, it's not set up so that the first number I hit after *8 is the new installer code is it? Really starting to seem like that. If so, I have no idea what number that was.

Would figure the reset would work also. Book said it should display Zone 1 on the keypad when I reset it, but doesn't. Just sits there, says "OPEN" above the time. After I screw up the installer code 5 or 6 times it counts 1-6 as well. Assume that's indicating a fault in those zones or something. As nothing is setup at all, figured this was the reason.

Thanks... this is driving me nuts

Originally Posted by MrRonFL
If it's a new, out of the box system, 5555 should have worked, as should have the hardware default. I'm assuming that you did the power up using the power supply. It won't default on battery power.

Old 08-30-04, 06:23 PM
Taboolie
Visiting Guest
Boo Ya! Fixed!

Yeehaw! Least the first part of my problem is fixed. Turns out I was right. For some reason, the system, new out of the box, will take the first number you put in as the master code and installer code as the new code. There doesn't seem to be a default code. Just uses the first one you enter. Not bad, but nice if they said so.

I actually went through about 60 combinations of numbers I thought I might have used when I entered in the new code, and finally hit it.. yikes!

Old 08-30-04, 07:27 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Out of the box, a <i>new</i> panel will have 1234 as the Master, and 5555 as the Installer.

There's only one way to change the Installer code:
Enter programming (*8 5555)
Then go to field 006 and enter a new 4-digit code.

There are 2 ways to change the Master code:
Enter programming (*8 5555)
Then go to field 007 and enter a new 4-digit code.
OR
Enter User programming (*5 1234)
Then go to user 40 and enter a new 4-digit code.

That's the only way to change those 2 codes (other than downloading.)
I have a feeling that you accidentally changed something when you were entering random numbers somehow (it's also possible you changed the installer lockout option.) However, that would be tough to do accidentally.

On the other hand, it's not really important how you changed the codes (or how they were changed before you got your hands on the panel.) BTW, since you have the code, I would disable the installer lockout ASAP - you don't need it for your personal use anyway.

Good luck!