ADT Safewatch LOBAT Motion sensor

Old 09-02-04, 04:49 PM
pobrecito
Visiting Guest
ADT Safewatch LOBAT Motion sensor

Hello everyone!I have an ADT Safewatch Pro 2000 system.We lost power after a storm and we got a "LO SYS BAT" message after the battery drained.I installed a new battery and that stopped the low system battery message but then we got "CHECK 10 ZONE 10" messages.Zone 10 is the motion sensor.I thought maybe the motion sensor batteries had drained so I replaced those.Now I get "LOBAT 10 ZONE 10" messages and still can't arm the motion sensor.I checked the batteries' voltage and polarity and they're ok.I called ADT but they want an arm and a leg to come out.Any help would be appreciated.

Pobrecito

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-04, 08:18 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try a power cycle of the system to see if that clears it. I think that will take care of it, if not post back here.

Old 09-03-04, 01:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Once you change the batteries in Ademco wireless, you have to enter your code + off [1]. To clear the trouble from the system. If it's still not clearing after that, check both your battery polarity, and the cover. If the cover tamper is not on properly, you will have a check trouble.

Old 09-05-04, 04:56 PM
pobrecito
Visiting Guest
Question

Thanks for the help.I tried entering my code and OFF (1) and that didn't clear the problem.The cover tamper seems to be okay;When I remove or replace the cover the system makes the pre-alarm sound which I clear by entering my code and OFF.How do I perform a power cycle?Maybe that will fix the problem.

pobrecito

Old 09-06-04, 06:02 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
That's the cover tamper alarm. Are you _sure_ that that's the device reporting low battery? I have seen these silly things refuse to reset with new batteries, I have also seen them mislabled on the system as well. Make sure that there is no corrosion on the battery contacts.

To power cycle, unplug one of the battery terminals, and either unplug the power pack, or remove one of the wires from the AC power terminals on the main board. Power back up in the reverse order (AC then Battery).

P.S. Don't assume that the new battery is good, a straight voltage reading of the bare battery doesn't tell the whole story.