simon 2 adding sensors?

Old 09-14-04, 10:50 AM
greenn50
Visiting Guest
Red face simon 2 adding sensors?

I have a Simon 2 (basic) and I'm trying to add sensors but every time I hit the button to add a sensor/remote it said function not available?
1. Open cover
2. Enter master code
3. Add from start menu
4 Sensor/remote

And thatís it no further thatís when it said function not available? Thanks for the help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-04, 06:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
You need the installer code to add sensors.

Old 09-16-04, 11:42 AM
greenn50
Visiting Guest
Were can i get the installer code?

Old 09-16-04, 03:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
You will need the manual that you can get as a pdf from several online vendors like Safewatch and a couple of others.

This will have the default installer code. The problem is that your original installer likely changed it. I'd have to really go over a simon 2 manual to see if there is a default reset. I'm sure there is, but in general this usually means reprogramming the whole shooting match from scratch.

Old 09-16-05, 07:33 PM
alarmguy
Visiting Guest
Cool Simon 2 ....adding Sensors

With the Simon 2 & 3 you have a U-1 and a U-2 code. The U-1 code is the code that allows you to change the receiver number which dials the assigned monitoring station. It also allows you to do any other function in programming you wish to do. The U-2 code is all you need to add or delete sensors and to do most other things in programming. Both codes come defaulted from the factory and if the panel was put in by a dealer of a major alarm company then the U-1 code is probably "secret" and not even known by the dealer because the dealer bought the panel via the alarm company and the U-1 code was already set. The dealer then is allowed to program as necessary with a U-2 code but is not given the U-1 code so the receiver number cannot be changed.

However, some of us have figured out the U-1 code and if you will get back to me on the company that is monitoring the company then we can go from there. I love this stuff because these big companies think they are so smart when really they are just greedy.

Old 09-24-05, 01:52 AM
BlackDogRacing
Visiting Guest
Help!!I recieved a ADT branded Simon ver.2(basic) and I need to get into the U1 access ......I don't want anything to do with ADT,I just want to be able to change a few things on the system.I've tried everything except resetting the memory to the factory defaults.If I read the manual right,it says that if Phone Lock is on,options 04,05,06,08,etc. will not reset to their defaults.I don't want to end up with a totally useless piece of equipment.I just want to be able to change a few things,(like the primary and secondary phone numbers) maybe add a sensor or two.I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.....

Old 09-24-05, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
simon

Try 6321 as the installer code

Old 09-26-05, 04:31 PM
BlackDogRacing
Visiting Guest
Thank you....that was just what I needed to know!!