Dsc 632

Old 09-18-04, 07:22 AM
trevchapple
Visiting Guest
Cool Dsc 632

I read another post by an individual who was hit by Frances. I was hit by Frances and it knocked out our power for 3 days. The security system is showing a trouble light, I did the diagnostic and it brought up a a problem in zone 8, the guide said there was an issue with the date and time. I went through the steps to correct it and was stumped because having just moved I did not have the previous owners master code. Can I reset the system without the master code or do I need to pay someone to come and redo it?

Any help would be great.

Trevor

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-04, 05:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
There is a hardware default for these, but you will need to get an installation manual from one of the online vendors. You can try and see if the default install code is still in place:

Key in * 8 5555

The Program light (or System light on the PC1555RKZ) will
flash to indicate that you are in programming mode.
The Armed light will turn on to indicate that the panel is
waiting for the three-digit programming section number.

If this works, hit # until you are back in standby mode, and let us know. Once you are in program mode, there is a way to retrieve the master code.

Old 09-20-04, 02:43 PM
trevchapple
Visiting Guest
Trouble light still lit

I have the pc 1555mx, I keyed in *8 5555 and all all the indicator lights went off , I then hit the # and they came back on. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Trevor

Old 09-20-04, 02:55 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
You need to get the manual and do the hardware reset (hopefully the original installer didn't activate the installer lockout feature). You will have to reprogram all of the system settings, zone definitions, and options. Depending on how many devices and openings your system has, this can be straight forward, or it can be a tedious key press session.