Exxis Security Cameras

Old 09-20-04, 09:42 PM
M
medusa
Visiting Guest
Exxis Security Cameras

Was given a pair of them today. Just the cameras, nothing else. Smallish things to my eyes, fit nicely in the palm of my hand.

I've never hooked up a security camera in my life, so I might need to be beaten with the cluestick to properly get the message.

No power jack that I can see, just a pair of phone jacks on the back. One of 'em says "Monitor" and the other says "Interphone." The sticker also says "DC 15V 2Watts" but I have no idea where that smidgen of power might be applied aside from the phone jack.

Sticker on the back says "Model ESC-1A." I opened one of them up and examined the chips inside and found date stamps in the ninety-five forty range, so we're talking about hardware here that's closing in on ten years old.

Exxis.com was signally unhelpful for anything that's already been sold, unless I stared "customer support" or perhaps "software & drivers" squarely in the eye and simply failed to see it.

I'm running XP boxes with no particular bells or whistles besides being LAN'd together. I'd like to get the computers to at least FIND the cameras, if that's possible.

Not sure if what I've got here is even worth PLAYING with, so I figured I'd just toss this little question out there and see if anybody knows much of anything.

Kindest thanks in advance, for reading this.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-04, 05:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 45 Posts
These cameras are made to use with a RJ-45 or RJ-11 terminated cable, and a monitor/multiplexer that provides the power through the cable. I'm not sure of the pin-out for these cameras' cables. I do know that they are not LAN cameras, so your computer won't be able to do jack with them.

They are usually sold in a set with a monitor that has a built in quad multiplexer.

And no, they have zero online support, and even their manuals don't give more than minimal info. These things were aimed at small business and baby monitoring markets. They work or they don't.

Old 09-23-04, 05:09 PM
M
medusa
Visiting Guest
> These things were aimed at small business and baby monitoring markets. They work or they don't.

Ok then, that's just about exactly what I figured. I suppose that aside from setting them up as a fake camera in the hopes of perhaps causing someone to think about it a second time, they're useless.

So now we get back to the more serious business of battening down the hatches for yet another hurricane. Tra la la.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Old 10-20-04, 11:12 AM
R
rcpflueger
Visiting Guest
Exxis ESC-1A camera

Hello
I could use another ESC-1A for the security system in my store. Would you be interested in selling me one? Thanks.

Richard Pflueger

Last edited by rcpflueger; 10-26-04 at 02:39 PM. Reason: No e-mail addresses, please
Old 12-08-07, 12:13 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Manual Needed

I just bought an old Exxis black and white security monitor for my bar. problem is that i didnt get any of the cameras it normally comes with or any of the documentation for it. i do have security cameras installed already that use phone lines for power and video, it's just a slightly different set up i fear and i'd like to double check the setup before i go plugging everything in.

model number for the monitor:: EO4120Q
(yes it's an old one. i've been unable to find the info for it so far)

thanks in advance for your help.

Old 12-08-07, 08:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry, but I've never found more than minimal info on these systems. Even the little paperwork I've ever had my hands on barely gives the operating instructions. You see lots of people selling the darned things, but no other info.

Old 03-14-08, 06:49 PM
S
If you look inside the ESC-1 it has a seperate terminal/power regulator board and the 2nd main board (The 2 input jacks,a 12 VOLT regulator IC *kia7812*, and a capacitor) that has 7 wires that run to the -2nd- main board.

The 6 wire colors from left to right ON THE WHITE CONNECTOR on the terminal/regulator board are blue,red,white,green,gray, and black. There is a seperate red wire (7th) that is soldered directly onto this board that runs to the main board.

The regulator Ic allows for up to a 15-16 volt dc power supply to which is regulated at 12 volts before being input to the mail board.

more later

Old 05-11-09, 06:39 AM
S
Smile Exxis esc-1a cameras

Looking for some replacement esc-1a cameras for my legion. Anyone have any ideas where to purchase these cameras?

Dick Sage
(please, per forum policy: no email addresses in open forums; it attracts spam bots)

Last edited by MrRonFL; 05-11-09 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 02:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't even think Exxis exists as a company, anymore. At very least, attempting to go to their old website address redirects to a generic security hardware vendor.

I suspect that your best bet here is online auction type sites.

Old 10-01-09, 09:17 AM
D
Ok, assuming the camera's work, here's how to get them going.

Left jack has video out. Pin 1 is - and pin 3 is +. I tied this to an RCA cable.

The right jack gives power. Pin 1 is - and 5 is +. I tied these to a 12vDC wall wart.

That's it. Plug her up and you'll have video. I have not messed with trying to tie them together or to a multi-plexor, but this will get them working.

Old 03-21-10, 08:21 PM
B
Exxis E04174Q HELP!

I bought this system from a neighbor when she moved away, and bought all new wiring to hard wire it from my metal barn into my bedroom to be able to watch the mares when they are foaling... problem is, #1, they do not work in night and limited light situations, #2, the fancy 4 screen monitor flips whole screen on each half, and there is NO verticle hold adjustment I can find!! I did at one time search and find night camers for this system for $179 each, )(I need 4) Is my monitor done for, or can I manage to pump some life into it with these new spendy night cameras>?? Any help is appreciated... I installed the new wiring for all of them this fall, underground encased.... so need to make something work with this economically!! THANK YOU for your time! Annie