Move detector from DSC PC560

Old 09-23-04, 08:44 AM
zoroto
Visiting Guest
Question Move detector from DSC PC560

Hi All,

I purchase an apartment and there is DSC PC560 alarm system.
I want to move one of the detectors from one place to another. I have to cross one door so I have to disconnect the detector, move the cable across the door and connect it again.
But when I even open the detector the alarm start "screaming”.
I have only User Manual and I know the master code.

My request is: Can I download from somewhere an installation manual as PDF or DOC for my model or some other similar so I can move the detector. Or if somebody can explain me how to do (program) this without "screaming"

Thanks in advice!

Regards,
Zoroto

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-04, 03:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
What's happening is that you are tripping the tamper switch on the motion that keeps clever crooks from simply moving the darned thing.

What you have to do is power the system down by unplugging the battery in the control, then unplugging the power supply (or taking one of the ac power wires off of the terminal strip in the control cabinet.)

Move your device, then power the system back up in the reverse order that you powered it down. Unless it's an odd system, the most you should have to do is reset the system clock.

Owners manuals can be had from DSC's website, the install manuals you will have to get from third party vendors. Check your model number. The number on the keypad is not the model number for the alarm control. That will be on label on the inside of the control cabinet door, or at worst, on the main PC board.

Old 09-24-04, 05:16 AM
zoroto
Visiting Guest
Question

Thank you MrRonFL for your answer.

My system is DSC - PC560H. This is written on the control box.

As i understood I had to unplug the battery in the control when the system is still plugged in the electrical system?! Then power off (switch off the fuse).
And after I have finished to switch on the fuse and then to connect the battery.

And what about the horn. As I know it has independent battery. Should I remoe it also or not? Should it start "screaming" after I remove the cover of the control box?

Old 09-24-04, 07:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
The siren/horn should be powered from the main control. Once the system is shut down, it shouldn't be an issue (unless this thing had some uncommon optional hardware installed).

That's the power down/power up sequence. There are a number of technical reasons. Some systems simply will not power up properly on the battery (the 60hz from the AC power is what most of them set their intenal timing mechanisms on, for one). On the flip side powering, down with the battery last can have some odd side effects.