Need manual and master code for Ademco vista 20

Old 09-27-04, 12:48 PM
lumpy
Visiting Guest
Need manual and master code for Ademco via 30 pse

Can anyone help me obtain these, or point me in the right direction. I spoke with someone at Honeywell, but have yet to receive the manual. any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by lumpy; 09-28-04 at 06:48 AM. Reason: wrong model number
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-04, 08:45 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 10-04-04, 08:50 AM
lumpy
Visiting Guest
Thanks Cliff, I've been waiting for this to come in the mail for 2 months now. Do you know how I can get the Master code for my system. The system was already installed in the home I purchased in July, however the owner did not use it, apparently it was installed by the previous owner so I really have no info on the system, basically I just want to make it functional, I'm not interested in monitoring.

Old 10-04-04, 06:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 90 Votes on 84 Posts
The master code is set using the installer code. The factory default install code is 4112. It's probably been changed. The way to get the current installer code is to power the system down and press * + # within 50 seconds of reapplying power. Then enter #20. This will read back the installer code. Exit program mode with *99.

To change the master code follow the instructions on page 79 of the install manual: [installer code] + 8 + 01 + [new master code]. The keypad will beep once if the code is accepted.

Do this in a fairly smooth set of keystrokes. More than a second or two hesitation between keystrokes will result in the code not being changed.

Old 10-05-04, 09:00 AM
lumpy
Visiting Guest
Thank you very much Ron, I can't wait to give this a try. I will give you an update on the progress.