DSC PC 1550 Problem

Old 11-07-04, 08:04 AM
DougInCanada
Visiting Guest
Question DSC PC 1550 Problem

Hello, Everyone.

I cannot get my alarm to ARM.

I bought the house 2 years ago. The previous owner gave us the Master code. At the time, we had the alarm disconnected from the Fuse Panel and the battery removed since we have a dog and could never turn the alarm on without him setting it off.

We are now planning to sell the house.

I don't get it. It's as though I'm entering the wrong code, but I know the code is good since it worked to deactivate the system. The Ready light has to be on to arm the system, but it never goes off during the arming process. Is this normal?

Help????

Old 11-07-04, 06:17 PM
              M
              Forum Topic Moderator
              Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
              If the solid two seconds of beeping is about 6 beeps, then it's not a bug, it's a feature. The ready light on a 1500/1550 doesn't turn off until the exit delay time expires, and the default exit delay on most DSC models is about 2 minutes (no joke). Most versions of these panels don't have the option of an audible delay countdown.

If you need the user manual for this system, the DSC website has them for free download (actual user instructions are a nice selling point for the next owner).

Old 11-07-04, 08:22 PM
              DougInCanada
              Visiting Guest
              I don't think it's the case...

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Ron.

No, it's a solid 2 second beep and if the exit delay expires after 2 minutes, then would we not have set off the alarm by being in the house?

Another thing...I have 3 motion detectors in 3 seperate locations in the basement, but there appears to be only 2 zones described on my keypad. Can you have 2 motion detectors in the same zone or does each one have to be a seperate zone?

Thanks again for the reply,

Doug

Old 11-08-04, 04:11 PM
              M
              Forum Topic Moderator
              Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
              Nope, if it's a solid 2 sec beep, then it's either not accepting the code that you are using, or the system's not actually ready. Since you have a ready light, I'll guess toward the former.

You can have more than one motion on a single zone, it's just not a good idea for a number of reasons (in most situations).

When you say the system went "off" did it go into alarm, or was it just the keypad sounder?

It is possible that you simply silenced the trouble sounder.

If you key in *8 1500, the default installer code, does the following happen?

Once the installer’s command is entered, the “Armed” light will come
              ON steadily and the “Memory“, “Bypass” and “Trouble” lights will
              flash. This indicates that the panel is ready for programming.

If so, resetting the master code is pretty straight forward. It is possible that the code you were given was the installer code. If not, then there's a simple way to reset the panel to factory default, but you would have to reset everything.
              (Which might be what this system needs, properly programmed, the interior motions would bypass if you arm the system without exiting (stay mode))

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
              Question Title:
              Description:
              Your question will be posted in: