DSC Zone Trouble. Please Help!

Old 11-20-04, 07:17 PM
loradora
Visiting Guest
DSC Zone Trouble. Please Help!

I have a DSC 3000 system that was installed in my house before I moved in 10 years ago. We never, and I mean never, use it. Well, trouble is that I'm selling in ONE WEEK and I've noticed that the LED on the AC-100 glassbreak is lit on the unit, and the corresponding zone on the control panel is lit. How do I get the darn thing to reset, or just plain disable it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-04, 08:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 101 Votes on 93 Posts
It must have been set as a latching alarm. If it was installed right, pressing * then holding down 4 for a few seconds should interrupt power and let the GB reset itself. If not, if you have the code, you could try simply bypassing the zone, then arming and disarming.

Old 11-20-04, 08:23 PM
loradora
Visiting Guest
When I press * then 4, nothing happens. I do have the code, but arming and then disarming also did not work. Any other suggestions? APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

Old 11-21-04, 01:36 PM
loradora
Visiting Guest
I actually troubleshot my own solution in case anyone could use it: by removing the green wire from the glassbreak sensor the light goes out; replacing it then resets the zone on the keypad.

Old 11-21-04, 02:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 101 Votes on 93 Posts
It sounds like you figured out the next thing to try. Normally those things are set up to reset automatically, they can be set to "latch" and stay in alarm (often done so you can locate the source of the alarm when there are more than one detector in a single loop). For this to work right, they have to be powered from the resettable power in the panel, or some other means of turning off the 12v power to the device so that it can be reset. Pulling that wire accomplished the same result, but you shouldn't have had to do it that way.