Dsc Pc2550

Old 12-20-04, 09:25 AM
FredP
Visiting Guest
Dsc Pc2550

I have a similar problem described by another member; I purchased a new home where the previous owner did not leave me the master code. The system is responding fine to all (12) sensors). The ready light is on but I can't arm without the master code. I called DSC and they advised to contact an installer in the area. I have not been able to find an installer for DSC products. I downloaded the users manual, but no luck, I assume the code is in the installer 's manual which is not accessible to the public.
Anyone have the installers manual / master code so I can use my system??
Thx

Old 12-20-04, 03:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Try this thread: http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...ght=DSC+PC2550.

This does seem to be one model that many installers used the installer lockout feature more often than any of the other's in this line. It is possible that defaulting the panel might not help.

Old 12-20-04, 04:16 PM
FredP
Visiting Guest
master code

Thx for the quick answer; if I understand the comment the lockout function, if activated by the previous installer makes it nearly impossible for anyone else to get into the program to change the dialer settings.
My problem is not dialing out (YET) my problem is that I can't make any changes or activate/deactivate without the master code which I don't have and DSC is not willing to give out.

Old 12-20-04, 04:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
No, what it does is make it impossible (short of a lucky guess) to access program mode. If this has been activated, you can do the hardware default, and everything _except_ the installer code will revert to factory default. Which means you cannot reset the panel configuration, zones, etc.

The thread I referenced above gives you the factory default installer code. Without knowing the current code, even DSC can't easily access the panel.

Old 12-20-04, 05:01 PM
FredP
Visiting Guest
Dsc2550

Thx again, you must have a lot of patience;
I am trying to follow the Safewatch Instruction
"DSC PC2550 Program Sheet

Enter Program * 8 2550 (READY, ARMED and SYSTEM Lights should flash)

don't even get past this step, no flashing lights, just a long beep.
# returns to ready lite
??

Old 12-20-04, 06:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I just have a respect for people that are willing to _try_.

That long beep means that the original installer changed the installer code. You can try the hardware default procedure, but be forwarned, with DSC, this is no cakewalk. Before you even start, search the online vendors, you _must_ have the installer manual to pull this off.

Also, read over other DSC related threads in this forum. The specifics will differ, but a lot of the procedures and pitfalls are common with this brand.

Old 12-21-04, 01:36 PM
FredP
Visiting Guest
Dsc2550

Thx for the advice, I will try to determine if the panel is locked. Frustrating but this forum is a lot of help!
Merry Christmas to everyone. I have seen other topics that give me sime ideas.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: