Ademco keypad, siren yelps when doors opened

Old 01-09-05, 06:42 AM
kentbald
Visiting Guest
Ademco keypad, siren yelps when doors opened

My daughter rented a house that had an alarm system in it that had been deactivated.

We knew no codes.

I put in 12345 and pressed a key ( I can't remember what) and now when you open a door the outside siren goes off for about a second every time. Can you tell me how I might get this to stop?

Is there a site where I could get a manual to program this thing?

Thanks in advance.
Kent

I FOUND THE MODEL NUMBERS:

SYSTEM BOARD IS SA4110GEN
KEYPAD SA6150G

I could sure use manuals for these.

Last edited by kentbald; 01-09-05 at 01:40 PM. Reason: I ADDED MORE INFORMATION
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-05, 03:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
Check the alarmmall site, among others to get the manuals.

It sounds like you accidentally activated the door chime function, and it's been programmed or wired to trip the siren as well. If the word "chime" is visible on the keypad screen, then that's likely what happened. It's an unusual configuration, but not unheard of (people have their systems set up that way to alert them to wandering small children and/or alzeheimer's patients).

A quick fix:

If chime is, indeed, active, disconnect the battery, then either trip the breaker, unplug the power pack, or take one of the ac power wires off of the terminals on the PC board. Restore ac power, and within 50 seconds, press * and # at the same time on the keypad.

It should come up showing a 20 on the screen.
key in #20. The sequence of number that will read back, one at a time, is the installer code. Exit to run mode with *99.

If you key in the installer code + 9 it will turn the chime off.

A possibility is that you simply put the system in test mode (I only just thought of it). To exit that mode key in that code +1 (off). The entry and exit from programming mode will probably turn the mode off, but that's just a guess.

If so, then 1234 is probably the programmed arm/disarm (master) code. The previous owners might have been considerate enought to reset the master code before they left.