Visiting Guest
Hi.
Yes It Is A Napco Gem Series.
Sory.
Thank You In Advance.

Old 01-12-05, 06:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
You will need both the installer manual _and_ the programming manual. I can't give you a lot of advice, beyond translating manual-speak to something resembling plain english.

This brand is uncommon in my area, and I service maybe one a year at best. This one does have a lot of options that allow it to dial to pagers and possibly phones, as well as slots for up to 3 phone numbers.

Old 12-17-06, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it that time of year yet? I Have the same panel as OP which was installed in my new apartment when I moved in around September.

The unit was all default and I set my own dealer code and also enabled the dealer code lockout. Subsequently the alarm system was unplugged for about 3 months and now plugged in again. When I try to program the provider into the panel, It gives a long beep and does not enter the dealer mode. I am 100% certain that the code is correct because I wrote it down in the manual and I had gone in a few times before.

Now I need the "secret backdoor" in order to reset the unit -- if such a thing even does exsist... I was searching on another forum and found the instruction for the Magnum, it does not work. Every post said to "search the web, you'll find it" but nothing yet.

Would you be so kind as to help me out, I wouldn't have a problem to bring you the panel and pay you say $20, but I would much prefer if someone could provide me the instructions. I really don't want to have some one come in to service it.

Old 12-17-06, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know how to reset the GEM-P400? I setup the dealer code and also dealer code lockup, unpowered the system for 3 months and now it does not accept any codes. I did a reset as per the manual and that now allows me to arm/disarm the system with code 1234 but I still cant access the dealer programming.

Old 12-18-06, 06:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you set the dealer code lockout, then whatever code you set should still be the dealer code. The factory default of 4567.

The hardware default instructions:
1. Remove power from the panel.
2. Remove all wiring from terminal
15 (PGM) and terminal 3.
3. Connect terminal 15 (PGM) to
terminal 3.
4. Apply power to the GEM-P400
control panel.
5. After a few seconds the ARMED,
READY and SYSTEM TROUBLE
LEDs will flash.
6. The keypad will beep 3 times
indicating the panel default values
have been loaded.
7. Remove wiring between terminal
15 (PGM) and terminal 3.
8. Re-install original wiring for terminal
15 (PGM) and terminal 3.
Note: Any programming in
Dealer Options 1 [96] and Dealer
Options 2 [97] will not be defaulted.
If Dealer Code Lockout
has been programmed the panel
will not default the Dealer Code.

Old 01-06-07, 03:53 PM
Trust me, been there, done that.

I set the code to 5730. I enabled the dealer code lockout. The alarm was unplugged for a few months. Now it DOES NOT ACCEPT THE 5730 and of course because of the dealer code lockout that reset does not work ( I have both the manuals for the system already and have read them enough times).

I need to know the BACKDOOR reset procedure. I know there's not supposed to be one but at the same time there's a website th at sells it for $50 the instructions.

Actually now when I press (FCN) 8 + 5730 + (ON/OFF) it doesnt even give the reject beep.

If you wish contact me off list, I'm also local to you however I really don't want to pay to have someone come out, however would be willing to pay you $20 however you wish if you can provide me with the instructions on how to reset it. I don't want to deal with the apartment owners, when I last posted I told them about it and they said they'd get the panel replaced the next day, however thats almost a month ago and nothing!

Old 03-31-13, 12:27 PM
We have this alarm with our townhouse and haven't set it up at all yet and lost the instructions so I need help making a code and setting it up from the beginning. Please and thank you.

Old 03-31-13, 02:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Here's a link to the installation manual: http://www.napcosecurity.com/images/...I879a_INST.pdf

Bear in mind that this system is in the 10-15 year old range, and are not the most DIY friendly systems, so you might want to consider replacing the control and keypad(s) with something a little more DIY friendly...