Anyone have experience with the Smarthome Securelinc Wireless systems?

Old 01-14-05, 11:38 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Anyone have experience with the Smarthome Securelinc Wireless systems?

Hey all!

Ive been looking around for some decent wireless DIY home security systems and ran across the one offered on smarthome's website: http://www.smarthome.com/73900.html

My question is....does anyone have experience with the smartlinc II 73900 & 73902 systems? These seem to be pretty decent units and have the options that im looking for (mainly wireless connectivity & integration with X10 controlled home automation.)

Any thoughts? Or am I looking in the wrong direction?

Thanks!

Last edited by Tony Denali; 01-14-05 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-14-05, 08:18 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
As I suspected, it's nothing but a Visonic PowerMax+ with SmartHome's name on it.

Personally, I don't care for Visonic and their wireless - but some have said that it is ok.

Take a look at the GE Simon 3 - you may find that it is a much more stable, much more reliable system. I would take it over any other wireless system on the market.

Good luck!

Old 01-23-05, 06:26 PM
T
Thansk for the reply Safewatch.

Over the last week or so I researched the web to the best of my abilities and ended up going with the Ademco Lynx. I found excellent feedback on the Simon III, but I didnt find as much feedback as I did on the Ademco.

Tony

Old 01-24-05, 07:19 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The Lynx would be my second choice to the ITI Simon. It's a pretty good system, but not as nice as the Simon (and the wireless is not as good, IMO.)

Anyway, let us know if you need any help.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: