ademco lynx phone reporting question

Old 03-05-05, 07:26 PM
monetjim
Visiting Guest
ademco lynx phone reporting question

hi, i've got an ademco lynxr-en. in trying to get it to call my cell phone to report an alarm, i wanted to program the "value" 11 (eleven) in field *49 to have all reports go to the primary phone no. and then alarms/troubles go to the secondary ("follow me") system phone no. my manual lists the default value for this field as [0] and there is only one blank box which would seem to indicate a SINGLE digit entry for this value. i can enter any single digit 0-9 but when i attempt a two digit one like the 11 (eleven) i want to enter, it accepts the first 1 and then beeps to indicate programming is done. i would also like to know how to get my cell phone to act as a pager for the secondary phone number, if it is possible. thanks! jim.

Old 03-06-05, 02:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
What you are needing to do is enter a hexadecimal 11 (B). Check the info at the start of the section on dialer programming (page 18 on most versions of the manual). You enter #+11 to generate a hex 11.

This system can generate a voice message to a voice phone, I'm not sure of the limits. I've never needed to set one up this way.

Some cell services have a pager option, but it's something the varies with the cell service. There are pager relaying services that translate pager transmissions into a cell voice call.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: