Power 632 as installed by Ranger American

Old 04-05-05, 10:48 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Power 632 as installed by Ranger American

Folks,

I have what appears to be a Power 632/PC1555MX installed in my home. It was installed by the previous owner, and now that I no longer have a phone line or monitoring service, it chirps a lot.

<rant>
I have the manuals (both user and installers) but in their wisdom Ranger American changed out the installer code. I called them to find this information out and the service tech had an extremely bad attitude with me, if anyone reading this is thinking of using them, I urge you not to.

I don't understand how they can get away with what amounts to not telling me how to open the hood to change the oil, this is my system, I bought it with the house.
</rant>

Needless to say, without the installer code, I am left with defaulting the panel, something I hoped not to have to do. The keypad is a PC1555RKZ, is there anything I need to look out for when doing this? Or should I be OK if I just go through the worksheets at the back of the installer manual?

Thanks for any help and advice that you can give.

Anthony

Old 04-05-05, 05:41 PM
T
This system has a PC5132 (32 zone wireless) attached to it, which I assume is what controls the zones. It also has a "code encryptor II" on it (which I have no idea what it does). Both of these are connected to the yellow/green bus.

When (if) I default the panel, section 5.28 of the PC1555MX manual states I can reset the main panel without resetting the modules. If this is true (and I'm hoping so) would this mean that all the programming of the PC5132 (and all the zones) remain unchanged?

Does anyone have anything on the yelow/green bus (electrical and timing stuff) it would appear that any homemade stuff should interface at that level.

Old 04-06-05, 03:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
The Code Encryptor is the receiver for an aftermarket remote keyfob that works with a fair number of popular systems. Defaulting the panel will leave the wireless hardware installed in the receiver, but you will still have to reprogram all of the zone information (which is stored in the main program).

I do not know if Ranger uses the Installer Lockout feature. In some states (OK comes to mind), alarm companies are required by Law to release hardware locks on termination of relationship.

Old 04-06-05, 05:57 PM
T
I went online and looked for the code encryptor after I posted the addendum, upon seeing it, I remembered that the owner had a keyfob, but the batteries ran out or something and it quit working.

Reprogramming the zone info as in the options? Or reprogramming as in which zone is which? All the sensors are wireless, and in the book it talks about serial numbers (which is the only way I can think of it knowing which sensor is which zone) Not a big problem as I know where they all are and I assume there is a label with the info on them, just means the job will take a bit longer. Looking at the installation manual I can select not to reset the wireless.

This system is in Florida (Orlando) RA will come out and change the program for a $95 fee. I could buy a whole new system for ~$120 which seems absolutely nuts!

Old 04-07-05, 04:24 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Florida hasn't yet implimented an alarm system unlocking statute.

The Zone information you would have to reprogram is the Zone Type info (entry/exit, perimeter, interior, stay/away, etc). It's not hard, just tedious. If you still have the keyfob, that is an independant device, and probably just needs new batteries as you said. It's actually a better keyfob than the one designed for the DSC wireless.

Old 04-07-05, 04:37 AM
T
Thanks Mr Ron, I will probably try it this weekend, I have already figured out what everything should be with regards to type. It shouldn't be that difficult, there are only 9 zones

Old 05-30-05, 04:51 AM
bangback
Visiting Guest
I don't know if this will help pull up your installer code, however, I stumbled onto mine quite by accident. Keying the model number of my system in (in this case, 1555) did the trick for me. 5555, 5010, 6321, and many others were tried....all without success.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: