Ademco Vista 20 Error Codes BAT and FC

Old 04-08-05, 03:33 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ademco Vista 20 Error Codes BAT and FC

This week my alarm system has been dialing out when the alarm system is set without the alarm being triggered. I read my manual and BAT means weak system's main standby battery is weak. When I unplug the AC transformer, the system beeps then goes blank. The system is 8 years old so I will replace the battery. Could this BAT condition be the cause why the alarm dials out?

I no longer have a monitioring service, but with the help of the manual and this forum I programmed my cell phone into *41 position. In the event of alarm condition, the system does call my cell, but it calls 8 times in a row and then report a FC error. How do I fix?
The system was setup by a company then when out of business, it works fine prior to this week.
Keypad is 4128

Old 04-08-05, 04:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Yes, it's pretty standard to set low battery as a reporting condition for a monitored alarm. If this is a Vista-20SE, I think what you have to enter is no phone number or account for the primary number (*41 & *43). You enter the pager number and account in the secondary slots (*42 & *44). The Format (*48) must be Contact ID, and enter a 7 into *49.

Even then, I'm not sure that it will cooperate. Their design assumption was that pager output was in addition to the central station connection.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: