Help with DSC LCD5501z433

Old 04-20-05, 12:16 PM
kharbin
Visiting Guest
Help with DSC LCD5501z433

I have read several other post about similar issues but need a little further information. The existing system is a PC1555 panel with 2ea PC1555RKZ keypads.

After initially botching the install while enrolling the new keypad, I disconnected it from the system and ran the supervisory reset [902]. I assume from all the information I have seen this resets the system to the current configuration.

Once this was complete I reconnected the new keypad and attempted to enroll it again, but I have no reponse from the keypad. The clock is on and has the correct time, there are no trouble or system lights on, but no beeps when buttons are pressed and the system does not seem to respond.

I have performed the disconnect and sup. reset multiple time without success, is there something on the keypad itself that needs to be reset to defalts?

Currently I have all 3 keypads connected with no system or trouble lights but the LCD5501 just doesn't work. Thanks for your help in advance.

Have a Nice Evening

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-05, 01:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
It's a common issue, I suspect that you inadvertently enrolled the keypad as a "global" keypad or assigned it to another partition. Try holding the [1] key for 2-3 seconds, if that doesn't work, hold [#] for 2-3 seconds then press [1]. Once you have a normal display again, go back into keypad programming from that keypad and be sure that once you enter the enrollment command, the first digit must be a 1 (keypad 1 is 11, keypad 2 is 12, keypad 3 is 13).

A lot of people try to enter a leading 0 for this step, and get stuck.

Old 04-20-05, 02:50 PM
kharbin
Visiting Guest
Thanks Greatly

That took care of the problem right away. I guess thats buried in a manual somewhere but you saved me hours of frustration.

Thanks,

Kenneth