BRINKS ALARM i need terminal strip info

Old 05-13-05, 02:30 AM
chefarnoldi
Visiting Guest
BRINKS ALARM i need terminal strip info

my daughter moved into her 1st home and while replacing the carpet, the wire that connects to the keypad at the door, got pulled out of the terminals at the control panel.
i need to reconnect these wires, but dont know to what terminal numbers
is it:the red wire to Z2 and the black wire to the Z1 terminal ?

please help, as she can't afford to pay the monthly monitoring fee.

thanks in advance

Old 05-13-05, 04:39 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Are these the wires on the _keypad_ or on the _control_(the biege or grey box with the PC board and system battery)? It makes a difference, as does the system model.

Old 05-14-05, 03:47 AM
chefarnoldi
Visiting Guest
brinks terminals connection

Originally Posted by MrRonFL
Are these the wires on the _keypad_ or on the _control_(the biege or grey box with the PC board and system battery)? It makes a difference, as does the system model.

thanks for the quick reply:

it's the "_control_ the biege box with the PC board and system battery" where the wires came out. - these are the wires that run to the garage entry key pad from which the system is switched on or off by using a code.

I'll have to check what the model of the system is.

Old 05-14-05, 08:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Usually, it will be red to positive and black to negative, if there is a wiring diagram on the inner door of the system can, you can follow it. Otherwise, if you have access to a DC voltmeter, you can simply check the two terminals for the correct polarity.

Brinks hardware and software information is propriatory, and they do not readily share. There may be others on line who have a similar system to yours who can guide you if you can't sort it out.

Old 05-16-05, 02:28 AM
chefarnoldi
Visiting Guest
terminal strip info

All problems solved- i connected the keypad wires to the Z1, Z2 terminals & Wolah!!! all is working again.
Z1= black wire
Z2= red wire (with another red wire connected to it already)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: