Need Help Resetting ADT Ademo System

Old 05-25-05, 04:47 PM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Need Help Resetting ADT Ademco System

I recently purchased a home that has an ADT Safewatch 3000 security system (Ademco keypads). I want to use this system without monitoring for at least a little while. I read all the posts for resetting the system, but I can't get it to work. I disconnected the power and successfully retrieved the installer code of 6321 (Big surprise!) . However, I can't seem to set the codes or do anything else useful after that. The keypad in the kitchen is the one with the voice features. I can't seem to do anything with that one. It keeps asking me for "Field?". I don't know where to go from there. I tried to use the keypad upstairs, but I only get as far as "6321 + 8" before the system interrupts me. It first beeps and displays "02". Then it displays "01", beeps a few more times and stays there. Any help would be appreciated. I also apologize in advance if this has been explained better in another post. I did a bunch of searches but didn't find anything else helpful.

Last edited by kowrip; 05-25-05 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-05, 04:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
You are still in program mode. To exit, enter *99. Then you will be able to use the installer code to change the master code. The installer manual you will need is for a Vista 20p. This is a pretty complex system. To navigate it you need the reference, even with the online help.

Old 06-10-05, 05:52 PM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by MrRonFL
You are still in program mode. To exit, enter *99. Then you will be able to use the installer code to change the master code. The installer manual you will need is for a Vista 20p. This is a pretty complex system. To navigate it you need the reference, even with the online help.
Thanks ! I got a copy of the installation manual. It explained all of the codes. Now, I have another problem. I'm able to reset the installer code. However, I can't seem to change the master code with the installer code. The previous house owner gave me the code that he used to arm/disarm it. I'm guessing that the one he gave me is NOT the master code because I can't seem to use that one to change the code either. How do I use the installer code to change the master code ? I tried:

installer code + 8 + 02 + new code

That doesn't work. After I type in the '02', the display shows "Installer Code". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-10-05, 08:11 PM
Integratedj
Visiting Guest
It should only say "Installer code 20" if you hit 6321+800. Whenever you see that, it means you are in programming, and need to hit *99 to exit before you can make changes.
Make sure it says "disarmed ready to arm" then hit
6321+802+newcode. it should beep to confirm.

Did you accidentally change the installer code from 6321? That would be one of the first things to check if the above code does not change it for you.

IJ

Old 06-11-05, 06:09 PM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Integratedj
It should only say "Installer code 20" if you hit 6321+800. Whenever you see that, it means you are in programming, and need to hit *99 to exit before you can make changes.
Make sure it says "disarmed ready to arm" then hit
6321+802+newcode. it should beep to confirm.

Did you accidentally change the installer code from 6321? That would be one of the first things to check if the above code does not change it for you.

IJ
I *DID* change the installer code and I'm positive that the change was successful. The downstairs keypad is the alpha one and when I review the installer code in programming mode, it correctly displays the installer code that I changed it to. So, I'm absolutely positive that I know my installer code. I just tried it again (installer code + 802 + new code). After I enter the "802", my input is interrupted, the display puts me in programming mode and the display shows "Installer Code 20". I'm baffled at this point. Is there something that prevents the installer code from changing user codes ? Like I mentioned before, I can't even use the code from the previous owner to change any user codes. I'm stumped. On a positive note, at least I was able to set my exit delay so I can now arm/disarm the system.

Old 06-11-05, 10:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If I had to guess, when you key that leading 0 for the 02, you are getting a "keybounce" and the keypad is sending a 00 instead. It's the only thing that makes sense. Does it also do this when you try it from the other keypad(s)?

You are following the right steps. That key sequence should change the master code, not put you into program mode. Listen to the beeps as you key the sequence. If you hear a double beep when you press the zero, then that key may simply be sticking.

Old 06-12-05, 05:09 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try this:
6321 801 new master code twice. Sometimes this works for me.

Old 06-12-05, 05:11 AM
M
BTW, are you sure this isn't a Vista 10? If it is, then enter 6321 82, new code twice.

Old 06-12-05, 06:14 AM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Well, it's an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 system. The keypads look like the Vista 20P series. I have 2 regular ones and 1 with the alphanumeric display. I have the installation manual for both the Vista 10P series and the Vista 20P series. I tried the methods for both. I'm pretty sure my "0" key is not sticking and sending "00" because my installer code has a 0 in it and I am able to use that code to do the programming just fine. It seems that I am thrown into programming mode every time after I press: installer code + 8 + 0 + any other digit. I am brought to the field 20 screen in programming mode. This is really starting to irritate me. However, I appreciate all the help I've received so far.

Old 06-12-05, 08:00 AM
S
at your alpha keypad press 1 &3 at the same time see what address it is should be 16. then go to your additional keypads and check their addresses make sure none are duplicated if there is a duplicate address change it to 17 for the 2nd keypad 18 for the 3rd if this is all ok go to the panel and get the number off of the chip just a shot in the dark but something is not sounding correct your procedures are right but it sounds like someone may have tried to upgrade it to a vista 20p non adt which will not work

Old 06-12-05, 05:32 PM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by SteveFl
at your alpha keypad press 1 &3 at the same time see what address it is should be 16. then go to your additional keypads and check their addresses make sure none are duplicated if there is a duplicate address change it to 17 for the 2nd keypad 18 for the 3rd if this is all ok go to the panel and get the number off of the chip just a shot in the dark but something is not sounding correct your procedures are right but it sounds like someone may have tried to upgrade it to a vista 20p non adt which will not work
When I press 1&3 at the same time on the alpha keypad, it says "Con Addr = 31". Both of the other keypads show 31 as well. I looked in both installation manuals and neither of them show this as a valid address. Valid addresses should go from 16 to 23. Any idea why it's showing 31 ?

Old 06-12-05, 06:33 PM
M
There's your answer. Power the system down by disconnecting the wire under terminal 1 in the panel, and disconnect one of the battery leads. Then power up (don't forget the battery). You have about a minute to address the keypads. Make the alpha 16 by holding down 1&3. When 31 appears, enter your 16. You may have to make it 00 first if it doesn't let you change it. Then go to the other keypads and make them 17 and 18. Go back to the alpha keypad and go into programming (installer code + 800). Hit *190, then 1,0; then hit *191, then 1,0. You keypads are now addressed and you should be able to change the master code.

Old 06-13-05, 04:58 PM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
OK. I changed the keypad addresses like you said. The alpha one in the kitchen now shows 16. The one upstairs shows 17 and the one in the basement shows 18. However, now I'm getting blank displays on all of them. I can still show their addresses by holding 1&3. On the alpha one, I can change the address and do 3 other things: turn chime on/off, specify additional cons and run an LCD display test. I'm stuck in that mode now. I can't get back to "Ready To Arm". Is there a way out of this ? It's almost like the system doesn't like the keypads having different addresses !

Old 06-13-05, 07:32 PM
Integratedj
Visiting Guest
If you are getting a blank display after setting the addresses, then it is not a pro3000. After you held 1&3, entered 16, did you press star a couple times?
Go back to the panel. at the bottom of the schematic on the door, centered and in bold, what does it say?
IJ

Old 06-14-05, 04:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm beginning to think that he's got a different model panel, possibly mounted in the system can for a SW-3000 (not uncommon when people have problems with the ADT version of Ademco panels). What is on the _circuit board_?

Old 06-14-05, 07:38 AM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by MrRonFL
I'm beginning to think that he's got a different model panel, possibly mounted in the system can for a SW-3000 (not uncommon when people have problems with the ADT version of Ademco panels). What is on the _circuit board_?
The diagram on the inside of the control panel says "ADT Safewatch Pro And Security Manager". I don't see anything on the circuit board besides electronics components and numbers written in a few places. I noticed a piece of paper from the installer that said something about a "V22 Controller". I see the main circuit board and the transmitter board on top of it. Any clue ?

Old 06-14-05, 05:06 PM
S
why don't we do this disconnect all keypads except the alpha addressed as 16 power down then back up * through the voice chime, additional console until it's at the normal screen. It may not say ready to arm but try to get it to the point it says ready or not ready to arm

Old 06-14-05, 06:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The original Safewatch Pro 2000 system is a clone of a Vista 20se system, which has a completely different program map. It does, however use the same keypads (most relatively recent Ademco panels use the same series of keypads). There also may be an older Safewatch Pro that is a Vista 20 (without the "se").

In either case, the keypads will be set to non addressable mode (31), _all_ of the previous versions, however, enter programming with [install code] + 8 + 00.

Somewhere on the PC board will be a part number, either on the main chip, or in lettering on the edge of the PC board that will likely have the word vista or via probably with an A or ADT at the end of the string.

Old 06-14-05, 07:01 PM
S
the 2000's are approx. 61/2 inchs from top to bottom the 3000's are approx 4 inchs from top to bottom. on the 3000 chip it has I believe sasw3000 the 2000 sasw20adt

Old 06-14-05, 08:21 PM
M
I had the same thought. Measuring the board will tell us if it's a 2000 or 3000.

Old 06-15-05, 06:19 AM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Michael90
I had the same thought. Measuring the board will tell us if it's a 2000 or 3000.
I just measured the circuit board. The dimensions (not including the wireless board) are approx. 4" x 8.25". On the top left of the circuit board, the number "SA142GENC" is written. Also, I see "10ADTED" written on a label attached to the circuit board and also on the inside panel label. The alpha keypad in the kitchen says "ADT Safewatch Pro 3000". I don't see either of those 2 numbers on the chip. I see a small black box in the upper right corner that has "V1" written sideways in it.

Old 06-15-05, 02:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
A-Ha! Mystery solved. You actually have an ADT version of a Vista 10 (probably se) system, which do, in fact, enter program mode with [install code] + 8 + 0. I suspect that you had a motherboard replacement for the original SW 3000 unit, and they picked a board that would fit the can (although those ademco cans will hold pretty much any board they make, the installer may have elected to not move the brackets).

Assuming no drastic changes in the ADT version:

The keypads should be in non-addressable mode (31)
The correct key sequence for changing the master code should be:
[install code] + 8 + 2 + [new master code]

This system will only hold a total of 4 user codes beyond the master.

Old 06-16-05, 07:59 AM
kowrip
Visiting Guest
Thanks a lot ! I reset the keypads back to 31 and now I'm able to change the master code. All the help is much appreciated !

Old 06-17-05, 11:16 AM
Integratedj
Visiting Guest
Good to hear that you got it working man.
IJ

Old 03-23-09, 07:44 PM
S
I've got a control panel with 10ADTEG printed on it and one 6128 or it may be a 6127 keypad, but it's definitly not an Alpha Keypad. Anyway, it was working just fine, it would go to green Ready and I tested each zone and they all displayed property when a door or window was open. I just couldn't arm it becuase I didn't know the installer code or the master code. ( kept trying 4110 and 4111 before reading this post and neither one worked)

I have it soley running off of battery power because the power adapter is missing... don't ask... its was a foreclosure.

I powered it down and on via battery only (cause I don't know where to find a replacement A/C adapter yet), got the d1 on the display, did the # + * then typed *20 and got EE pause EE pause EE and so on...

So then I held down the 1 + 3. got a beep. typed 16* and the display went blank. The keypad still lights up, but nothing on the display.
Then I powered the control panel down and back on, now both the green Ready and red Armed lamp turn on for about 50 seconds but the display is completely blank and I don't know how to get back where I started to even try that default ADT installer code.

After ready this tread, I'm thinking I should bought an 6150 or 6160 Alpha Keypad before starting all of this.

What's your best guess?

If I buy an Alpha Keypad will it display something so I can get out of this 1 + 3 mode thing?
Or, could the EEProm be damaged and I just need to get a new control panel?

Old 03-23-09, 08:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Get a replacement transformer, they really don't cost much and aren't hard to find. 16vac 30-40VA will do the trick.

Change the keypad address back to 31, it's another Vista 10se clone:

Here's the installer manual: http://ibsalbany.com/Burglar%20Alarm...ISTA10SEii.pdf

Old 03-25-09, 12:13 PM
S
Ok, thanks.

My keypad is stuck in addressing mode, when I try to type in 3 to change the address from 16 to 31, it doesn't register the number 3.

I looked over the Vista 10SEpdf that you posted. It doesn't have any instructions on setting the keypad address. it just says 'Refer to the instructions provided with the keypad for address setting procedure.'

Well I just did a search for the Keypad instructions for a 6128 and found them on another thread:

http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...10-keypad.html

Honestly I don't know if I even have a 6127(non-addressable) or a 6128(addressable). At this point I'm assuming that because 1 & 3 got me to a blank display that it's a 6128(addressable). Anyway I'll try going through the KeyPad Instructions for the 6128 tonight.

Last edited by SpencerNSO; 03-25-09 at 12:50 PM. Reason: found new information
Old 03-25-09, 05:32 PM
S
well, I followed the keypad address programming instructions for the 6128 and got it back to Ready.

Tried that default ADT installer code and it worked!!!!

I'm so happy this has saved me hundreds of dollars by avoiding putting in a new unit.

Now if only I had been this determined to get this working as soon as I moved in I might have saved myself at least 2 thousand dollars worth of computer equipment that was stolen just last month... oh well.

Thanks for help!

Old 09-14-09, 10:49 AM
L
Originally Posted by kowrip View Post
Thanks ! I got a copy of the installation manual. It explained all of the codes. Now, I have another problem. I'm able to reset the installer code. However, I can't seem to change the master code with the installer code. The previous house owner gave me the code that he used to arm/disarm it. I'm guessing that the one he gave me is NOT the master code because I can't seem to use that one to change the code either. How do I use the installer code to change the master code ? I tried:

installer code + 8 + 02 + new code

That doesn't work. After I type in the '02', the display shows "Installer Code". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I am very interested in obtaining a manual for installer codes. In your discussion above you have indicated that you were able to get one. I believe I have a Safewatch Pro 3000En system under the ADT brand. Could you please let me know where I can obtain one? Thank you in advance for any help in this matter.

Old 09-14-09, 03:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you look at the list of "ADT" models in the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ: Please read before posting", you will see that a Safewatch 3000 is a modified version of the Vista 20p.

Websearch using the phrase "Vista 20p installer manual". The pdf of the manual will be in the first 3-4 results.

Old 02-25-14, 09:36 AM
V

Last edited by viktor1000; 02-25-14 at 11:12 AM.