dsc 1555mx help

Old 05-27-05, 10:32 AM
Rojo
Visiting Guest
dsc 1555mx help

I had my alarm system installed and monitored by a company called AHS. Well I dont have it monitored anymore and since the end of my contract the alarm will not function. It has power and all lit up but my codes will not activate it and the away button will not work either. I downloaded the installation manual and defaulted the box but now I dont know the installer code or master code. The defaults dont work and my code which i thought wasa the master wont work either. ANy ideas on how to get this thing back running?

Old 05-27-05, 05:36 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you defaulted it and the installer code didn't fall back to 5555 then the company had it install locked out. In which case three addresses don't default. The install code, the acct # and the receiver #. Which effectively renders it useless. The one thing I question is if you defaulted it the mastercode should be 1234. Maybe you didn't actually default it? Did you:
step 1- power down ac and battery
step2-remove wires from zone 1 and pgm1 terminals
step3-put a jumper wire between zone 1 and pgm 1
step4-apply ac power to panel
step5-wait until zone 1 is on at the keypad
step6-remove ac power
step 7-remove jumper and put original wiring back the way you removed it
then power up with battery then ac

NOTE: in step 4 do not use the battery and ac or it will not default

Old 05-27-05, 11:31 PM
Rojo
Visiting Guest
yes sir did exactly that. It took a few minutes for the zone 1 light to come on which means it defaulted, right?

Old 05-28-05, 03:03 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if the 1555 is the same as other dsc's but it has been consistant through their product lines. power down remove battery then ac replace ac see if the relay on the board does a series of clicks. If so you have 2 choices. Call the alarm company and ask for the code( if the installer left a card that maybe the best route to take he would be more apt to give it to you) or buy a new board they are relatvely inexpensive.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: