Safewatch 3000EN Phone Dialer Programming

Old 06-02-05, 12:02 PM
Smash27
Visiting Guest
Question Safewatch 3000EN Phone Dialer Programming

I recently found out that my alarm is unable to make its outgoing calls because of a change to the phone system in our office requiring a 9 to be dialed first. ADT wants $115 to do this and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can program the new phone number in myself.

It would also be helpful if there was a way to view the number that is in there now, since I don't know what it is. If not, I'll just have it call me, I'm not too concerned about having the ADT monitoring.

Also, I read that you could program the system to page a certain number upon certain events that are triggered. But the manual says that you need the installer to program in the number to be paged, can I do this myself too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Joe

Old 06-03-05, 04:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Ok, unless it's an unusual ADT install, enter the following keystrokes:
6321 + 8 + 00; this will put you into programming.
enter # 41. This will make the system read back the programmed phone number one digit at a time.

To enter the corrected number; enter *41 followed by the corrected phone number. If you need a pause between the 9 and the phone number, you key in # + 13 for a 2 sec. pause. Press * after the last digit.

Key #41 again to verify that you got everything right. Exit programming with *99.

For trying to put in the paging, that's a bit more complicated. You really need an installer manual. The SW 3000 is a modified Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20p. You will really need that manual in hand to tackle setting up paging. A number of online sources have the manual.

Old 06-03-05, 04:20 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the phone portions of programming are the same as an ademco vista 20p. They are readily avalible if you search. with any ademco product if you press # then the address it reads what is programmed * then the address will allow changes. For your immediate problem get into programmingpress # 41 write this number down so you can reenter it double check it cause once you proceed its gone. Then press * 41 9 #13 then the number you wrote down what we did was program the 9 for outside access and a 2 second pause for dialtone. The paging feature is a little more involved if you want to try it I suggest you have a manual to refer to then ask questions. that way it will be more clear to you

Old 06-03-05, 04:22 PM
S
Wow we were thinking the same thing at the sametime

Old 06-04-05, 11:29 PM
K
why you are going the other way asround to solve this problem. vista 20p has an option to enable the 9 in 40 add 9 and this is going to solve it.
*40 and 9* and this is it.
http://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs2/4/691.pdf

Old 06-05-05, 05:01 AM
S
you can try that but on version 1 of the safewatch 3000 there was a problem with them locking up the dialer. With pabx access enabled. Versions 2 and above it is not a problem Chip will read k5305v1 if it's a problem

Old 06-05-05, 02:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Truth be told, if an alarm is properly installed, the telco wiring is going to be upstream of a pbx system. In theory, it will work on the downstream side, but that is a path frought with peril.

Nowdays, I know that a number of phone setups require the access code even on a direct connection to telco. The complication of telephone configuration is one of the bigger challenges that face alarm installation in the near future.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: