All Zones Lights are On my DSC PC3000

Old 06-25-05, 11:54 AM
mrditto
Visiting Guest
Question All Zones Lights are On my DSC PC3000

My phone service went out and my alarm monitoring station thought my DSC PC3000 alarm siezed the phone line, so they had me disconnect the power and battery for 30 minutes. When I re-connected power, all of my zone lights (16) are lighted constant red. The phone company called and fixed my phone line within their own building. Now my alarm will not work. I have tried to do an all clear * 3 # and when I do a * 2 all lights go out, except the Trouble light blinks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!!!

Old 06-25-05, 12:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
It almost sounds like you haven't actually restored power, or else, accidentally defaulted the system. Check to make sure that the panel has 16vac coming in at the panel terminals, and that none of the fuses have blown, and the battery is fully charged. DSC panels act really odd when they are running on a failing battery.

Old 06-26-05, 07:17 PM
nguyent888
Visiting Guest
Similar problem

Hi, I am having a similar prblem, all 6 zones on mine light up, its a brand new system, right out of the box. If i figure it out I'll let you know.

Old 06-26-05, 08:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
If it's a brand new system, you either need to use the end of line resistors on each zone, or turn on the feature that makes the system not need the resistors (assuming that it's a DSC).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: